TTN Gateway Won't Connect to Router

I will absolutely not make my SSID visible. I absolutely typed it correctly each time.

Not even for the 15 seconds it takes to check/enter config? You can then hide it againā€¦

I donā€™t like to do that. Iā€™m entering the wifi name perfectly into the settings page, I donā€™t know what the problem is. Must be super ******* programming if you ask me. Looks like I have to setup another router, just for the TTIG. Maybe TTN can get this fixed, do a quick FW update and I can free up that router again and all is well. Until then it will be a thorn in my eye.
Thanks for your time in trying to help me btw *8)

Have you read why you are effectively attracting attackers?

Based on what evidence? We havent even diagnosed the problem yet!

To do what? As noted there is no generic/widely reported problem here that can be confirmed or identified not least as we are unable to follow a logical process to help diagnose your problem. There are hundreds, sorry thousands of TTIG deployed and no reports to the forum of issues related to SSID etc.

FYI I just flipped one of my routers (I have 3 servicing 6 TTIG in this community area) to hidden SSID and it is working fineā€¦ Not sure what your problem is at this point.

This is 8 years old now:

You might also google (or other search engine of your choice!) for ā€œdoes hiding wifi ssid help securityā€

Please can we dial back the abbreviations and ***** before it spills over - this is a family friendly forum.

As an expert in all IT, Iā€™m sure youā€™ve watched the network using an SDR. Or tried your backup router (different make, naturally).

TTN is you, me and everyone else on this forum, the community using this LoRaWAN network.

On the other hand, maybe TTI could get this fixed, but we havenā€™t figured out what ā€œthisā€ is yet.

Nick, @Franc868 has already tethered no problem to mobile phone hotspot - effectively a ā€˜back up routerā€™ so we know TTIG has some level of WiFi functionalityā€¦what we havent yet concluded is the functionality of his original router (Make/Model/Firmware version unknown at this time - but some how connected to a Point Of Sale terminal?! :wink: ) nor indeed to true state of the wifi connection/association between the TTIG and his original routerā€¦

@Franc868 do your router logs show if TTIG requested IP address or if one is assigned (but perhaps not accepted by the TTIG?) - I assume it isnt present in your DHCP table?

Can you also try a fixed (unused/non-conflicting IP address in the scope of the router address range? Also, given your level of paranoia (forgive description if wrong but that is how it is coming across) are you also using MAC filtering? If so then this has scope for really messing up simple config until basic connection proven (then can be 'tightened upā€¦)

I didnā€™t read any of the other replies because Iā€™ve spent waaaayyyyyyy toooo much time on this gatway. I basically just had to reshuffle my network to produce a router that I was comfortable with broadcasting SSID. I connected the TTIG to it and green solid light. Iā€™ll be looking forward to that FW fix then.

It wonā€™t be fixed without an actual issue being in evidence.

As your journey with LoRaWAN progresses and other questions arise, please be polite about raising issues, no one on here is staff so you are relying on the goodwill of the rest of the community.