TTn Gateways

A project I am busy with.

This first iteration to see what gateways are around you.

You need to select the ‘Gateway Radius Data’ option.

Here are a few fields to complete
:

1. Radius

Radius (in meters) are the distance from you, this will return all the gateways in the radius. Selecting large distances are a bit futile.

1. netID

For all community gateways this will be ‘000013’, if you work via packet broker this is a bit different.
For especially Australian (there are other parts in the world this is also true) users a word of caution, this can differ, there are other companies using packet broker and forward data to TTN. I have logged a github.com request for a API to get this information, I am waiting feedback.

1. tenentID

For most of the community gateways this will be ‘ttn’, some of the older gateways are still on ‘ttnv2’, luck these are few and far in between.

For especially Australian (there are other parts in the world this is also true) users a word of caution, this can differ, there are other companies using packet broker and forward data to TTN. I have logged a github.com request for a API to get this information, I am waiting feedback.

Once you select the 'Get Gateway Data" a map will pop and displaying the location of all the gateways within the radius selected. Select the gateway icon and you will get more information on the gateway. Select the pop up information and then you will get more details on the gateway. You will see the amount of packets, distance from you and the azimuth to the gateway.

If you select the ‘Gateway Azimuth and distance’.

You will need to complete the ‘Gateway ID’, '‘netID’ and ‘tenantID’ . This will return the amount of packets, distance from you and the azimuth to the gateway.

If you have any questions, suggestions, please post.

2 Likes

Sounds/looks like a nice tool - will grab a spare field phone to test in coming days (busy today).

What is min android version required/supported?

When in the field find phones a bit small/inhibiting so tend to use small tablet or pc when at sites - ipad and/or tablet/sff notebook pcs - any plans for other than android phone?

Havent looked yet of course but under GW info does it pull the registered contact/owner? May be useful when out and about on site to be able to contact them to enlist support e.g. when testing coverage/mapping or if experiencing ‘connection’ difficulties and enlisting help to look at their gw console, etc. :wink:

also in your post

tenentID ?

Nice. How does it cache / proxy the data?

min_sdk_android: 21 - This is due to some packages that are necessary for the application. But this is fairly old, somewhere in late 2014. The latest SDK is 34.

The app map will adapted to a tablet, Android only.

Not at this stage.

Not planned at this stage to support Mac/IOS.

I have more futures planned, but that is for later.

1 Like

API call when you request, once only.

The only data that get update ‘Live’ are the azimuth and direction, calculated from you current location. Unfortunately the pointer can not be ‘live’ as Android magnetometer is not the best on the market.