TTN Mapper Info

Hi guys, i need to finde the Applikation Acces Key. Where can i find this Key?
it starts with ttn-account right? Can someone send me an example(image)?

I think when you create an application in the TTS there is a tab to create a key!

I know it has to be there but i cant find it.

When you are viewing an application, look at the left hand side of the browser window where the little picture of the key is and the words ‘API keys’/

The API key just has 39 characters. The TTN app needs a key with 58 characters.

The API ID is 39 characters long but that’s NOT an API KEY

All the API Keys I have are 98 characters long.

Which ‘app’ are you referring to that needs an API Key that is 58 characters that is for TTN Mapper? Which website?

image Yes its for the TTN Mapper

Could it be a problem of TTN (V2) and (new) TTS (V3)?

Here an example of the (old) TTN (V2) Acces Key:
ttn-account-v2.NCGfWW_ilGKlSVk4GfoqAoN7nAimCsnO7OGT5xWnp4B

E_T

Is the app V3 capable?

I doubt it if it’s asking for a v2 key and it’s using ‘eu.thethings.network’ for the MQTT server.

If you have a device setup on v2 you can still generate keys on there at the moment - go to an application and scroll to the bottom.

1 Like

Do you have any idea how I can test the performance of my device without TTN Mapper?

The idea behind TTN Mapper is more about finding gateway coverage rather than finding out how well your device works. So people may map their local area so they can see where devices can be heard by gateways and plan accordingly.

The reason it’s more about gateways is that you could have an amazing device but end up with most of the test uplinks going via some poorly situated gateways - but you won’t know that so you won’t know your results aren’t reflecting your devices abilities.

Another thing to consider is that as the core chips on both devices & gateways are from the same manufacturer, performance is mostly affected by the quality & positioning of the antennas.

This then leads on to what the objective is to test the performance of your device? With the right hardware I can get 10’s if not more of km’s range. Equally I can drive with a tracker behind a building with a lot of steel work and no uplinks get through.

So if you are testing your device, you really need a gateway that you know the hardware details & where the antenna is and usually the simplest way to know that is to own one or message the gateway owner(s) in your area via the forum to ask about the gateway setup.

Potentially a very basic test would be for you to visit the area near a gateway and see what the reported signal numbers are in the uplink meta data.