UFISPACE PICO CELL ENTERPRISE "Disconnected"

Hi there,

I recently purchased a Ufispace Pico Cell Enterprise gateway and wanted to do some proof of concept testing on it. It is an Semtech Ref Design v1.5 with 8 LoRa Channels. I currently have it connected through Ethernet with my network. I have gone through the adding gateway option on the ThingsConsole and completed all the steps. I also have an API key created. After many attempts, I still see a “Disconnected” status. I haven’t come across many people using this gateway on this forum. If anyone can identify this problem please let me know! Still new to TTN here. Thanks!

As you say havent seen many of these called out on the Forum - didnt think they were still around/being sold! IIRC they were brought to market mid/late 2017 as SX1301 implementations (Predate SX1308, SX1302 etc) - not sure if UfiSpace sold in open market or if - as I saw them at the time - only on ThingsPark/Actility marketplace - came preloaded or were to be flashed with the Actility LRR firmware. Again IIRC they uses a TI Arm core embedded CPU running a Linux derivative, and unlike say RPi based designs I think used emmc Flash vs uSD cards, so potentially better reliability on that front. There was a significant update early/mid 2018 but havent seen much since and dont think any support details now show in UFI website. You may be able to SSH into the box and if you can look through the file structure there will be a global_conf.json or local_conf.json file that you can perhaps edit to point at the TTN(CE) cluster appropriate to where you are. Try on port 1700 for UDP based PF, but seems to recall there was some MQTT capability supported at one point which may complicate matters. If UDP port 1700 you shouldnt need the API key but if alternate packet forwarder protocal again you may find approriate ‘server key’ to overwrte with your key to authorise connection, and may need to add :port# to end of ttn cluster server address… good luck!