UK Plug Adaptor for the TTIG?

Hey all,

I’m back on TTN after a hiatus (long story, I’ll bore you with it over some beers next we all meet! :stuck_out_tongue: ) and I’m back getting my TTIG up and running.

It’s one of the ones from the 2019 conference, so I know it will only work with V2 for now, however one of the things that’s always frustrated me is that I can’t plug it directly into the wall here in the UK.

I’ve got a 3D-printed stand for it, but it would be great if I could get rid of that and plug it into the wall without needing an EU->UK adaptor.

Has anyone found a good source for a UK plug on this?

Cheers,

Matt

Paging @Jeff-UK who may still have a few left in his Man-Draw.

1 Like

Hey Matt - Welcome back - need to catch up at some point! Had quick chat with Tony S a few months back and said then I should contact again - remiss of me… and yes we will need that beeer - back as in the new crew having a Riot or back as in Mockingbird playing Pheonix?

Sadly Man Draw empty! :frowning: Like you I had early units but no UK shoe and using a shaving adaptor rotates 90 deg, but later RS buys offered UK version. I actually found using a UK 3 pin multiway adapter then shaver unit allowed optiom for correct orientaion but all a bit Heath Robinson so I frankly stick to using 3d printed brackets or 3d printed stands + exteranal USB wall wart - I find it reduces local noise from PSU, reduced in box thermals (PSU losses now physically displaced away from TTIG), and allows easier/more flexible TTIG pacement, so…

I may look to one of my UK versions and pull the UK shoe off and drop in post for you - will DM once Conf finishes later

1 Like

Thanks Jeff, look forward to catching up via DM, don’t worry too much about the adaptor, the 3D stand is fine for now - I may try and adapt it into a wall-mount version at some point.

All we need now is the CUPS update to point the TTIG at v3… :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey Matt, just noticed that Al is selling spares if needed… otherwise I have liberated 1 I can send you if needed

1 Like