Unable to fetch configuration from TTN by kersing/ttn-resin-gateway

I have the ttn-resin-gateway from @kersing installed on one of my RasPi3’s, which worked perfectly until now. I recently moved the gateway, and (after a few days of inactivity) can’t seem to get the forwarder started again. It only says

Unable to fetch configuration from TTN. Are your GW_ID and GW_KEY correct?

Yes, my GW_ID and GW_KEY are correct :wink: . So unless someone has encountered this before, I suspect our IT department has misconfigured something that prevents the forwarder from reaching TTN? Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

edit The local time on the RasPi is off by several hours though, didn’t really find out how to set and force a NTP sync in Resin OS :face_with_raised_eyebrow: .

The configuration is downloaded by the python script from https://account.thethingsnetwork.org/api/v2/frequency-plans/ Do you need to use a proxy to access websites?
Keep in mind the gateway requires transparent (outgoing) access to port 1883 of TTN after it has got a configuration.

For your time issues, check this resin help page.

If I do a curl to that page, I can retrieve it so that should be okay I guess. I have a direct connection to the internet.

I have whitelisted all traffic from and to 52.169.76.203 in our firewall. :confused:

edit
Solved. Apparently a wrong date/time prevents fetching the remote configuration. I added our internal ntp server (external ones are blocked), and after a reboot the packet forwarder started to run. I did get the ‘failed to start the concentrator’ error for a couple of times, but now the gateway is up and running. :slight_smile:

1 Like