Unable to log into console

I have a bit of an issue with logging in, it seems somewhere along the way I have invoked the use of OIDC verification and am unsure how to resolve this issue

If I clear my browser history I can log into the main page of TTN but when I try and log into my console I get this error below. However if I use another user I can log into the Console when I get to the console login page and choose switch user and put in the first user details there to get to my console!
So I can get access to my gateway and devices but in a very long round about way!
I am not familiar with OIDC and have given this a real good go at resolvbing it myself but just cant wrap my head around it!
Once I get this error I need to clear my browsing history or I can’t log in with either account and it just goes to the message below!

So my original user account has the issue and my second user (created just to be able to resove this) is fine and can log into the console without issue so there must be some setting somewhere to do with OIDC in my orignal user account that I can’t get at?

If a moderaqtor or someone with more of a clue than I have can give me a hand to resovle this I would be most grateful

Unexpected error

Cannot find user: captain_s

Error details:

Request path:
/oidc/interaction/4LS39A63yH5PxUwYnz3Do
Request method:
GET
Request time:
2022-10-08T22:15:09.087Z

Can anyone point me inthe right direction please!

1 Like

FYI getting same issue since yesterday.

OIDC = Open ID Connect - an implementation of OAuth.

With a bit of luck, someone will report this on a channel monitored by the TTI engineers.

The pages are made up of many individual components that are retrieved from the server - if your browser thinks that one or more of them is up to date, it won’t fetch it, so you can end up with components from different revisions being used by your browser with consequent issues.

The first thing to try is a force reload the console page - it’s like a more aggressive version of refresh/reload - depending on browser / OS you use shift or option or ctrl or alt - most browsers show a change of name in the menu when you have the modifier key held down so you know it’s going to do it.

This is not the well worn trope of clearing your cache which will remove everything, but an occasional tidy up doesn’t hurt if you are on a fast connection, not so great if you are out & about on slower mobile internet.

The acid test is to load up a different browser that has no cache and try that. For instance, I use Safari for general use, Chrome for sys-admin - websitery, TTS console(s), etc etc and keep FireFox in reserve for clean “no-cache” testing.

The login flow from https://thethingsnetwork.org has recently changed but I’ve just logged in OK, I know that’s an irritating “works for me” phrase, but I have sanity checked it.