V3 and nodered

I’ve been using nodered and V2 for a few years, connecting with the node-red custom modules for ttn.

How can I expect to connect to V3 in the future? Back to plain MQTT? Or is another way preferrable?

Yes, you use the generic mqtt connector in node-red. I’ve been using it from the start (with V2 and before) and it works like a charm.

1 Like

I have been using node-red generic MQTT node for V2 for some time and everything worked fine.
Since I started to register devices to V3 and use the same technique have encountered that the node-red mqtt node randomly disconnects and I need to only redeploy app and it connects back.

At the same time old V2 nodes are connected and other MQTT nodes as well.
Does anyone have ideas about where to look for the problem?
Big Thanks!

I haven’t heard this before. Make sure your Node-RED is up-to-date. There should be some sane reconnection and keep-alive behavior in there.

Try this tutorial

Hi there,
Were you able to solve the problem? I am also having trouble sending a downlink message to TTN v3 with an MQTT out node, but I was very carefully following the tutorial: Node-RED | The Things Stack for LoRaWAN.

This might be a silly question, but are you sure that your firewall isn’t blocking the relevant ports?