VPN support in Kerlink

How to setup VPN on a Kerlink gateway, Does anyone tried? Is their any package available for that in Kerlink??

Would be nice, especially when using a 3G SIM as backhaul, as most operators will put you behind NAT, this will prevent SSH’ing into the box. I have been looking for the same, but have not found it. Any luck on your side?

Try PPTP for VPN, We have successfully deployed VPN in kerlink gateways using PPTP.

1 Like

How exactly? Could you write a small howto for this?

Soon i will prepare one Howto and i will post here.

1 Like

Hi @ffwali, I’m looking forward to your Howto!

oh sorry for that lag Arjan, Have you tried downloading Kerlink Bulidroot package from there wiki, you can directly enable pptp package from menuconfig.
I will try to upload Howto’s by tomorrow in proper way!

Hi @Arjan Sorry for being too late, kindly follow the steps mention below to enable pptp:

Enabling PPTP package in Kerlink:

1. Download wirgrid_buildroot_v2.1.tar.gz from Kerlink
  2. Extract it and go to buildroot folder
  3. make clean
  4. make wirgrid_defconfig
  5. make menuconfig
  6. Package Selection for the target -> Networking applications -> pptp-linux
  7. exit the package selection menu -> saving changes
  8. Now apt-get install lib32z1
  9. get i2c-tools_3.0.3.tar.bz2 from https://launchpadlibrarian.net/70776071/i2c-tools_3.0.3.orig.tar.bz2
    put it in /dl/
    in /dl/
  10. mv i2c-tools_3.0.3.orig.tar.bz2 i2c-tools-3.0.3.tar.bz2
  11. make

you will have new image in /output/forum/images/

Further you can find brief build system guide in /buildroot/docs/buildroot.html file.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips!
I have a hard time locating the wirgrid_buildroot_v2.1.tar.gz file on the Kerlink website. Any hints or tips where to get it?

Openvpn and strongswan (ipsec) are supported out of the box. You can setup a small pki with easy RSA on your server.