I think the gateway is great as far as the initial installation is concerned.
We all hope that most of the gateways will be installed on top of a roof, right?
So then we all will be a little disappointed that in order to do that, mostly all of us will have to
- Throw most of the nice-looking housing away.
- Buy a UV secure IP65 housing (bright color)
- Mount the gateway inside while not using screws that penetrate the housing
- Creating holes with IP65 protection for at least the LAN cable.
- Buy or make and mount a PoE splitter inside
- Buy the right power connector
- Buy and mount a switched power supply module so the current can step down the about 48 Volt to the about 12 volt that are needed without creating too much heat and losses in the housing
- Hope that the harmonics of the stepper inverter might not disturb the radio frequencies too much
- if the thing will sit in the sun, I guess we need at least (metal) plates mounted as a shadowing blind just on top of the housing from where the sun comes - peferrably not mounted with screws that penetrate the housing
- Have a ground connection terminal
- Use a surge protection for the LAN cable where it enters the building.
So, my question is:Is there a IP65 version with PoE in the making?
I do neither need Wifi not Bluetooth capabilities.