What frequency can I use in Kenya?

Hi guys,

I’ve checked , but there is no suggested channel plans for Kenya.
Does anyone have the experience of deploying LoRa network in Kenya and which frenquency is suggested to use?
Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Hi Brazil!

I’m interested, too. The official documents from the LoRa Alliance say for the national LoRA frequency plan for Kenya is “None”. Documents about the general frequency plans for Kenya look like there is the 433 MHz band only for ISM usage… however, South Africa, doesn’t say ISM usage for the 868 MHz band, too… but still the LoRa Alliance has a frequency plan EU863-870 (among others) for South Africa.

Have you been more successful with your research?

Best regards

Hi Basler,

This is the answer we got from LoRa Alliance, and also one of our customer uses our gateway with 868 MHz very well.
Hope this helps.4

Wow! Thank you very much, that is very good news. Now that I checked again, the newest regional parameters include Kenya.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Hendrik

That’s great, hope your testing goes well:grinning:

Hey, hope your good you all are good, does the EU 868 frequency work in Kenya?
If so what are the legal implications?

You should ask your national telecommunication authority about that. They have to decide whether it’s legal to use this frequencies.

So you didnt read the post 2 above yours?

Note TTN not supporting 433Mhz

Laws of Physics same across the globe - 868Mhz/Radio works the same everywhere :wink:

For any additional legal restriction on use e.g duty cycle, LBT, EIRP, etc. you need to check local regulator as Wolfgang suggests, though I believe for DC/TX EIRP it follows same as EU (IANAL)

Thank you all. The document provided seems not to be available.

EU 868

the regional parameters go through regular release cycles with new pdfs issued - search for regional parameters on L-A site and you will find lots of info :wink: I know there was a 2-1.0.1 relase around the time of the last f2f TTConf Amsterdam early 2020 that likely replaced/retired the one from 2019, likely others since…