Wirnet iBTS Compact 4G issue

Hi,

I have a Kerlink Wirnet iBTS Gateway and I am looking forward to have it up and running to forward some packets, I have made the initial setup including remote access, Firmware update, FPGA update and installing the appropriate Packet forwarder from Kerlink Wiki. In particular, I would like to use the GPRS/3G/LTE modem for connection to the back-end server. According to wiki, I have tuned few parameters under /etc/network/ofono/provisioning file mainly APN, MNC and MCC of our USIM operator ( username and password are empty). Even though, when we have perfomed gsmdiag an error message arise for APN error:
Error, no APN configured for this modem
Kindly note that we are running a MC7304 as a modem model and i suspect it’s a bug and we have to make an update for GSM firmware. However, there is no GSM firmware related to this model in Kerlink wiki.
Appreciate your assistance.

Hello,

I have query regarding GNSS/LTE combo antenna used in lora kerlink gateway.
Can anyone give some insights/information on type or manufacturer of the rectangular shape GNSS LTE combo antenna used in kerlink gateway?

Thanks in advance

Hi Fady,

After making changes to the ofono provisioning file you have to reset the telephony daemon by doing the following:

cd /etc/init.d/
./ofono reset

After doing that the new APN details should be used to connect.

Hi Fady,
did it work for you after using this command?
cd /etc/init.d/
./ofono reset
We have exactly the same error message and could not solve it with the reset command. Have you changed something else to make it work or does anybody else have the same issue?
Thx in advance

Hi,

Did anyone of you solve this issue ?

Thanks.

I have the same issue, tried ./ofono reset also, but didnt work. Has someone resolved the issue

For my Kerlink iStation all Ethernet and USB connections had to be switched off/unplugged for the modem to activate… Maybe this will work for you too.