3D Printing

3D Printing thread has been quiet for a couple of weeks… :wink:

a prompt also posted in Library 5 thread -

Mapgi Iss # 69 big on 3D Printing this month

1 Like
1 Like

1 Like

3D Model for RAK811 Sensor & or Tracker board - one allowing for small LiPo the other with extra height allowing for LiPo + space for extra small custom pcb

http://e.pavlin.si/2018/05/14/rak811-3d-model-and-plastic-housing/

haven’t built yet as waiting for replacement printer…so maybe by next weekend! :slight_smile:
Page links to github where .stl files as well as the formats (x_b & IGS) held on GrabCad

1 Like

Yet another enclosure!

RPi + RAK831 (with RAK GPS backplane)

TTNRak831-Collage

I didn’t make it too small and made enough cuts in the enclosure to allow air circulation. No additional heat sink should be needed.

Available on Thingiverse

5 Likes

wow… getting really pro ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

…very nice well done Amedee!

1 Like

A quick one: needed something to hold my RAK antenna…

RakAntenna

3 Likes

OOo this looks good. Going up on thingiverse? @Amedee

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: The BIG and SMALL ANTENNA topic part 2

Sure!
I’ll post when back home early next week.

2 Likes

Eventually :wink:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3044207

2 Likes

BME680 Sensor Mount

Very Nice ! - Thanks for sharing Amedee
case_rak831

1 Like

Glad you like it!

Thermal dissipation is OK as well: during the recent heat wave, I had 35°C+ in the room and the RPi processor temp went barely above 50°C.

It is only 5°C more than an RPi Zero on my “lab” which is in “open air”

This is what i am looking for. Very nice housing. According to RAK811 tracker module, this module need 18650 Li-ion battery, and the internal charger circuit was design for this battery to recharge the battery.
One more thing about this module, the GPS antenna is using external antenna. For simple use I prefer using ceramic GPS. I think we can solder parallel with existing GPS terminal.
Its more beautiful if the housing has space for this battery and ceramic GPS too.

Thanks

I’m testing the Rocket Scream Mini Ultra LoRaWAN device to see how power draw works outdoors through a Michigan winter. For this I needed an outdoor enclosure and set about designing something suitable.

As I’m hoping to keep the elements out I’ve developed a 3-part enclosure. The front/back pieces should be printed in something generally water-resistant (I used PETG), and there is a gasket sandwiched between the two printed using a flexible filament like TPU. 4 x 20mm M2 bolts draw the two PETG parts together to compress the TPU gasket.

I have no idea if this will work but we’re about to find out :smiley:

Enclosure: https://github.com/rocketscream/MiniUltraLoRaWAN/tree/master/Enclosure

Explosion:

Mounted:

6 Likes

Nice.

Your screw holes are inside the gasket perimeter, so I guess that will be the weak point…

1 Like

Sadly… yup. In order to keep the overall size down I’ve run the 4 screws through the PCB which makes gasketing them difficult. The screws and nuts are both recessed, and I hope that pulling them tight enough against the PETG will help keep water out. The worse problem is the antenna egress, which similarly isn’t very well gasketed, and which is why I have it facing downwards.

This solution is hoping to provide some weather proofing, but if anyone was looking for underwater LoRaWAN this probably isn’t going to help :smiley:

1 Like