Arduino core for CMWX1ZZABZ-078-based LoRaWAN devices

All good now for serial monitoring. I must have used a bad usb connection.

Good day, would you mind advice me pls if I can use this module as standalone as tracker for my carā€¦ droneā€¦, there is also an smartphone app and pc browser for check every route done?
Waiting for a kind response
Regards

Donā€™t know which module specifically you refer to, but there are several asset trackers to choose from that use the Murata CMWX1ZZABZ-078 including the Gnat and Cricket. I use a Semtech gateway and CayenneLPP to keep track of these when in the field. Not sure if there is a smartphone app but I would think so. These are ultra-low-power LoRaWAN-enabled GNSS trackers. Is this what you meant?

1 Like

With appearance of Taiwanese built AcSiP S76G SoC in late 2018, family of STM32L0 based GNSS LoRaWAN asset trackers has become wider.

One known retail product is RAK7200 from RAKWireless (costs around 40 USD + shipping).
One known DIY product is TTGO T-Motion. (costs around 20 USD + shipping)

The last one comes with factory pre-installed SoftRF firmware to track GA aircrafts or UAVs with assistance of Open Glider Network
ā€˜The Things Network Mapperā€™ firmware is also available for the device in this open source Arduino sketch.

Good day, this module must be registered? Which app i can use?
Do you mind advice me pls with few instructions so i can make it work?
im looking for the rak7200 or rak5205ā€¦ or my ttgo motionā€¦ but ive saw also Grasshopper LoRa/LoRaWAN Development Board.
Which one is bettereā€¦ and voltage conditions?
Waiting for a kind response
Regards

Best way to determine ā€œwhich one is betterā€ is to buy one of each and try to make use of them.

Grasshopper Vin is 3.3 - 5.5 V and uses 2 uA in sleep mode. Programmable via Arduino IDE, full complement of serial interfaces. More details here.

Does it use USART pin or LPUART for connection?

Connection to what exactly?

Does it work on AT Command too? which pins are of UART (PA2 & PA3) or( PA14 &PA13)

need to use USB to UART adaptor to access it . which pin are for UART?

Please see the Tindie product page where a lot of these basic questions are answered and there is a pin map.

But simply, the Grasshopper is designed to be programmed via USB using the Arduino IDE. No external programmer is needed, but you can also use an ST Link V2 to program via the SWD port.

You can load ST/Murata firmware that allows AT command usage, but I have never done this.

do these murata module directly by default work on AT command or do we need to program ?.

You need to load the firmware provided by Murata that enables AT commands.

@onehorse
Hello. I want to ask you a question.Why Grasshopper LoRa / LoRaWAN Development Board with pin number 48 45 and 47 46 short circuit?

We want to control the TCXO directly.

1 Like

I using the development kit B-L072Z-LRWAN1 but there is 2.78mA current consumption in stop mode.I measured vdd_mcu_lra

The ST dev kits arenā€™t designed for ultra low power. You probably still have USB enabled as well as the TXCO, etc. Probably not really able to enter STOP mode at all with that board.

1 Like

I will check the software again vdd_mcu_lora ~ 11mA, in stop mode I could not drop below 2.7mA.Iā€™m closing debug, trace, printf.The pcb I designed for testing gives the same values.

If in your custom design you followed the Grasshopper design and used a CMWX1ZZABZ-078 and are using the Arduino core and Grasshopper board variant then I would expect you would see the same ~2 uA we see in STOP mode.

However, if the module (i.e., CMWX1ZZABZ-072) or pin map is different then I would not expect using the core with the Grasshopper board variant would produce this result.

The B-L072Z-LRWAN1 board design and Arduino board variant are unlikely to produce this result since, as I mentioned, it was not designed for ultra-low power. In fact, certain hardware choices preclude it in this design.

1 Like

I would like to explain the hardware. I used the LD39050PU33R regulator. I disabled the GPS connections and the existing LEDs as an extra hardware.Iā€™m using cmwx1zzabz-078 and I see 2.7mA in stop mode from pin 5.As a software, I program the software provided by ST on Cubeide. Thank you for helping, Iā€™ll share the results here