Arduino core for CMWX1ZZABZ-078-based LoRaWAN devices

I program the software provided by ST on Cubeide.

Yup, this is likely one of the problems…

1 Like

How should I go about it?

Surest way is to redesign your custom board to conform to the Grasshopper design and use the grasshopper Arduino core. The ST CubeMX software is not design for ultra-low power, ironically enough.

1 Like

Thank you for helping.There must be a solution, I will try

I have some code that works, but I have to press the “RST” button on the board every time for it to work properly. (to start transmitting data). Is there a way to do this in the code as a startup procedure? Or is there some other issue I need to address?
Thanks

Which hardware are you using? If this is a Grasshopper pressing the reset shouldn’t be necessary for LoRaWAN Tx; I don’t even understand how this could work. If you are using the Grasshopper Arduino core you could try STM32L0.reset(); or something like this (check the core for the exact syntax).

Its the Grasshopper board, but yeah not sure why this works, just tried it on a whim. I will have to try out your suggestion, will check the core for syntax. Thanks

hi.I use Quectel (L86) brand gps in hardware.I put the GPS and lora to sleep for 1 hour and wake them up and send the coordinates.When I look at the GPS data, I see a deviation of 100 ~ 500 meters.sometimes deviation doesn’t happen that much.Have you encountered such a problem in the u-blox family?

The quality of GNSS fix depends on a lot of things like sky view, antenna size, container, etc. Usually with open skies, an 18 mm x 18 mm active patch antenna and a plastic container (how I do my Ublox M8Q testing) I see accuracy of ~2 meters with the occasional outlier, sometimes as much as ~25 m. I use EPE to determine when the fix is good enough to manage power and often set the threshold at EPE < 30 and occasionally EPE < 10. I don’t think I have ever seen errors as large as 500 m. I would say 95% of the readings are < 2 m.

You can verify this for yourself using this or this.

I am using a patch antenna 18.4 x 18.4 mm.I guess it happens when waking up from standby.I am thinking of testing with the neo 6m.Thanks for your help