Awesome TTN

Hey folks,

I just wanted to let you know I’ve started an “Awesome TTN” list on GitHub (it’s a thing) as a place for people to share useful links. If you have any sites / resources you use constantly, or anything useful others should know about, please do submit a pull request to add it to the list

Cheers

Matt

3 Likes

this one should be on top :wink:

Done :slight_smile:

1 Like

You like me to do suggestions trough the forum or trough github? What’s your preference?

I’d probably suggest to use the issue tracker on Github to suggest things, or submit a Github pull request with changes to the readme. Either way is fine.

Personally I check the forums almost every day now - sometimes checking for updates several x per day (open browser tab & just look for (update#) in tab) …Github I only go to when I need something or am referred to it…so for me…TTN forum but others?

Yea, it’s each to there own. I’m not a big forum person as I’m generallty quite busy so it’s hard to stay on top of all the new updates / cool things people are using. For me, the forum would stay the hotbed of activity it is, but the awesome list could just become sign post for key resources rather than people having to search the forums and trawl through posts.

I don’t see people stopping posting here, but maybe if people find something useful they might add it to the list so it’s an easy place to go back to find that information again. It’s just a community driven bookmarks list really :slight_smile:

Why not use the TTN WIKI, it has been there for ages and anyone can add updates without having to rely on one person to vet the links?

(I know the wiki is kind of hidden so not many people use it, however this might be a good opportunity to revive it a bit?)

2 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

it’s more about the specific use cases of each really. For me a wiki is a place to document and write about details. Awesome lists are just lists of bookmarks and are just a handy way to get started with a list of useful resources.

Again, I don’t see this replacing the purpose of a wiki, but as “awesome lists” become more popular, I think it’s just another avenue to draw people in and help them get started.

You could put this list in the Wiki where everybody can contribute to it.

2 Likes