Best air quality sensor to connect to TTN?

cheap diy dust sensor

some other links

1 Like

Because of the domain name, a little bit misleading URL, but interesting content about measuring pollution in different particle sizes. Though not calibrated, they seem to come very close to calibrated devices. Would certainly provide usefull indicative figures for citizens who suffer from traffic and wood stove pollution.

Hi,
We are measuring the following data:
CO
NO2
O3
PM2.5
Temperature
Humidity
GPS coordininates
Optionally, PM10 and SO2

Sensors, with exception of SO2 need to be calibrated and we provide such mechanism. It will require “clean room” or something close to it and can be invoked using our LoRaWan provisioning mechanism. Also, calibration values can be pushed to node over LoRaWan. In addition, we support number of different operating modes, especially for GPS, where you can do a lookup once or do it in a continuous mode or cold standby mode (shut down gps power between measurements). In addition, user can obviously specify time measurements. Each node uses Lithium Polymer battery which can be charged using a solar panel or just plain USB PS. We are extremely busy, but you should see more details on our web site soon. We haven’t decided yet if we will provide persistent data storage, but today we use InfluxDB and Grafana to visualize the results
Thanks
Wojtek

4 Likes

Hi Wojtek are these LoRa devices available yet? I Am really interessed in some testing results

We are just waiting for a final pre-production batch. We expect to have first units available in mid September. We end-up removing SO2 sensor and adding barometric pressure sensor due to requirements driven by our first volume customer.
We will also provide application server which will interpret the data and store it in InfluxDB for persistency. In addition, there is a RESTful API for provisioning (CLI and web based) parameters of the node. Nodes will operate on TTN and/or private network based on brocaar Lora Server. Stay tuned…
Wojtek

Do you have a url of your company?

https://sensorsconnect.com

Hey Wojtek,
is your air quality sensor already available ?
Regards Martin

Yes, we are on the second production batch with small quantities. We also just about tun first production batch of Green House units with CO2 and light sensors. Please contact me directly over email for details

Hello

Look: http://luftdaten.info/feinstaubsensor-bauen/

German :-), but they talk english too.

Greet`s

edit: Ups. Not connected to TTN yet. :-/

Hi Wojciech,
I visited your company website and it says second batch is coming soon. I’ve subscribed for updates but wondering if you have any you can provide here? I would contact you via email but I don’t know where to find it.

I am keen to bring in air quality sensors to my company and start using them commercially.

Hi we build an air quality concept for buildings named smartconcierge and measure movement,light,co2,temp and humidity in one sensor incl. dashboard to display. now working on predicitive maintenance. If you need more info just let me know.

maybe you can tell us more here on the forum, is it a commercial product. for example, pictures ect.

carefull… your product name SmartConcierge is in use

not correct!
see: github-1 , github-2

1 Like

Screenshot_20180713-111756_Twitter

1 Like

It contains an elsys sensor and designed dashboard as simple as that.

Hi,
how going this project?

We want to build some station in our city. Have I joint to this project?
Thank You in advance.

unbelievable, the world population is being killed by air pollution and noone makes lora air quality sensors

I developed a node with an ESP32 + LoRa board. We’re focusing on just airborne particulate matter, measured using either an SDS011 (also used by the sensor.community project) or the Sensirion SPS30 (can also report particle count):

The node uses LoRaWAN with OTAA, as an inintended side effect of this, the transition to TTN v3 was easy. As payload encoding, Cayenne LPP is used, so it easily integrates with cayenne.mydevices.com

Data is picked up from TheThingsNetwork using a Java application, which then forwards it to sensor.community and some other web sites:
https://revspace.nl/LoraLuftdatenForwarder

The plan is to also create a environmental sound/noise sensor (to measure traffic, air plane noise, etc.).

1 Like

Thanks, i like your project so i ordered the TTGO-LORA32 and Sensirion SPS30 and the BME280. Nice docu here LoraWanDustSensor - RevSpace By september i will get it from China and give it a try.