Big ESP32 + SX127x topic part 3

It might be useful to provide a little more information. :wink:

What device is this about?
Do you mean AXP192 on a TTGO T-Beam?
Which version?
(The T-Beam topic might even be a better place to post it.)

What code have you used to initialize the AXP?

Yeah, not fully awake, will try there.

If you mean the user button connected to GPIO38:

You will need to setup the 3.3V line on the AXP first to make the button work.

See my post in the T-Beam topic.

No, I meant the PWR button, now I’ve looked at it again. Still not awake so I’ll leave it alone and ask on the other topic later on after the coffee has cut in.

The topic start has been updated with information about TTGO T-Beam.

I have a TTGO LoRa32 V1.0, I want to use it with DTH11 to measure temperature and humidity, but I have problems because I can’t find an example with the programming code to make it work, because I don’t know which version works for the working frequency ( 902-915 MHz) and what version of the ILMIC library should be used for the node to work in ABP mode for TTN V3 ???

Most information is already available at the start of this topic. Just read it. The library advised to use is also the library most suitable for V3.

It also describes which examples to start with, (but those do not include use of a temperature sensor).

Use of ABP with V3 is possible but not preferred. Use of OTAA is preferred.

Check/search the forum and ‘V2 to V3 upgrade’ category for important information about how to migrate devices to V3.

Hi there,
Im new to this forum. I think I got a simple question.
Can you implement OTAA/ABP comms with a TTGO/Heltec (etc), the LMIC Library and the device EUI, app key etc from another server/host apart from TTN? Or does it just works with the TTN network?
Thanks in advance <3

You should be able to use the TTGO on a private (non TTN) network, but perhaps thats a question for the support forum of the private network you had in mind,.

The problem is that there are different versions of the lmic library. I have tried some and they give me errors, in addition to making several changes in working frequencies (in the sub libraries), among other things, that is why it is my question to know if someone already has a system with this temperature sensor ( very common) to be able to replicate more easily and to avoid errors. Thanks

Heltec devices are now available in the LoRaWAN Device Repository

Heltec has added their LoRa devices to the LoRaWAN Device Repository.

This means that these devices can now be selected from the device list when adding a new device in the V3 Console.

2 Likes

The latest version of Arduino Core ESP32 now has additional boards added. Finally also additions for TTGO LoRa32 V2.x.x boards:

• ttgo-lora32-v2
  • ttgo-lora32-v21new

For Heltec boards the Wireless Stick and Wireless Stick Lite were added already earlier:

• heltec_wireless_stick
  • heltec_wireless_stick_lite

As usual, don’t blindly trust board definitions in the Arduino cores:

I noticed an error in the ttgo-lora32-v21new BSP:

#define LORA_RST 12 // GPIO14 - SX1276 RST

But uh, oh, LoRa reset for this board is connected to GPIO23
(Well, at least according to LilyGO’s pinout diagram for this board.)

And similar error in the ttgo-lora32-v2 BSP:

#define LORA_RST 12 // GPIO14 - SX1276 RST

The same ‘12 commented as 14’. However, in reality LoRa reset on the
v2.0 board board is NOT connected to any GPIO but to EN/RST of the ESP32…

I wonder what people are creating these board definitions.
How hard can it be to check consistency between code, comments and reality and correct any errors before this stuff gets released globally to thousands of users?