Can not "make" on Raspberry PI3 + Dragino Hat v1.4

Hi, my name is Nori, Japan. I tried to make LoRaWAN gateway using raspberry pi and dragino LoRa/GPS HAT article below .

There seems to be 2 problems.

(1)I couldn’t find LoraModem.c, and I couldn’t apply the changes below.
// Die(“Unrecognized transceiver”);

(2)Without applying above (1) I see the following problems when I tried to make.

pi@raspberrypi:~/dual_chan_pkt_fwd-master $ sudo make install
sudo cp -f ./dual_chan_pkt_fwd.service /lib/systemd/system/
sudo systemctl enable dual_chan_pkt_fwd.service
sudo systemctl daemon-reload
sudo systemctl start dual_chan_pkt_fwd
sudo systemctl status dual_chan_pkt_fwd -l
● dual_chan_pkt_fwd.service - Lora Packet Forwarder
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/dual_chan_pkt_fwd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2019-08-04 15:35:04 JST; 220ms ag
Process: 7016 ExecStart=/home/pi/dual_chan_pkt_fwd/dual_chan_pkt_fwd (code=exited, status=210/CHRO
Main PID: 7016 (code=exited, status=210/CHROOT)

Can anyone help me solve these problems?

HI, This is Nori. I added some information.

– (1) is not a problem. Branch " dual_chan_pkt_fwd_up_down" contains LoraModem.c, but branch “master” doesn’t contain the file. So it seems we don’t need it.

– For (2), “sudo systemctl status dual_chan_pkt_fwd -l” seems not to work. I tried following command, but didn’t work and showed error message shown below.

• sudo systemctl status dual_chan_pkt_fwd

• dual_chan_pkt_fwd.service - Lora Packet Forwarder
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/dual_chan_pkt_fwd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2019-08-05 18:07:07 JST; 2s ago
    Process: 5696 ExecStart=/home/pi/dual_chan_pkt_fwd/dual_chan_pkt_fwd (code=exited, status=210/CHROOT)
    Main PID: 5696 (code=exited, status=210/CHROOT)

I think “Active:” status has to show “active [running]”, but it said "activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) ". What’s wrong?

Hi NoriAbe
I’m sorry, but I’m on vacation until the end of the month. When I get back I check my old notes and see if I can help you
Bye

Batigolle,

Thank you for your reply.

It’s OK, take your time. Now it’s not an urgent issue. I deleted installed files,
and download and re-install files again. Now it’s working. I don’t know why,
what’s wrong. Please let me know if you have any information. It’s going to
be helpful for next installation.

So take your time, enjoy your vacation.

1 Like

Hello there,
I am new to this.

I have some questions.
1- does the raspberry pi hat supports the raspberry pi 4 model?
2- is it possible to use the hat on the rasp, if I want to use the lora end point with it? (the goal is to receive gps location from the end point to the rasp and then transmit it to the network)

1. Yes.
  2. Not if you want to use the RPi and hat to create a ‘gateway’. If you want to create a node you can use the hat.

Thank you for your kind reply.

I am planning to get one end point (LGT-92) and one LoRa GPS HAT for Raspberry Pi.
The hat will be connected to the Raspberry Pi 4 and used as a gateway. It should receive the location from the end point (LGT-92).
And finally send those acquired data to the network.

Is this architecture possible?

Sorry if my question sound primitive but I am new to this.

Thank you @kersing

Sorry but that is not the right hardware for a LoRaWAN Gateway. For a gateway you need a concentrator hat like this one .

If you just want to use Lora the hat you mention should work, however this forum is for TTN and lorawan, not plain Lora.

Thank you.