Cannot register a new TTIG - "the gw already exists"

nope - I registered a new gateway

1 Like

As far as I know this is actually only the case for applications in v2. In v3 it’s indeed also for gateways (although you can re-use the EUI now). We still have to find a permanent solution there.

That doesn’t work I’m afraid. In your case the gateway with that ID was actually receiving packets (yours).

1 Like

Well, my gateway receive my packets when I connected it to internet. But it would work for Farm21, bacause when Farm21 registered the gateway with invalid ID, nothing was online and the invalid gateway would not get online until the hardware is connected to internet by the physical owner, which give statistically some safe time window when the mistake can be recognized and fixed by deleting a “ghost” gateway

How does that explain the following when deleting a gateway?:

1 Like

Tracking down the original owner, especially with user ids like @bluejedi :wink: may not be feasible.

Will there be any issues transferring gateways & devices from v2 to v3?

I concur - although I appreciate that much of the systems are distributed, surely there is one true data source that replicates?

The HotMess alarm has gone off in my office and my brain is boggled, but it appears that:

• If someone miskeys an EUI, you are stuck
  • If someone sells a gateway, you are stuck until they:
    ** Transfer it via the console
    ** Or possibly delete it, as it has worked here, but everyone thought that wouldn’t work
2 Likes

Great!

And/or setting gateway owner to non-public will make things even harder.

At least an email address is known for each user.
(In less common cases where the email address was temporary and the user is no longer active, that email address will not be of much help.)