Can't register Gateway - EUI is still in use

@BoRRoZ Hi

I have some issues with a few devices.
Last time you helped me out.

Who have i to contact, to let delete some devices out of the TTN Network?
Not the devices registered in my TTN account, but more on the TTN side (backend, frontend, db)…

I’m going crazy with a few devices and i think only this can help me out here.

Thank you and kind regards
Albert

Can you be more specific as to which devices you are having a problem with and the nature of the problem?

Note also

If they are not in your account but are registered to another owner then you will not be able to request deletion, unless they were previously yours and you have since deleted them…in which case they should have gone from the system and we may need to ask the TI core team to investigate further - unless the relevant device id’s cant be used again, ofcourse…

…as stated need more details for Forum team or Mods to advise.

Note Borroz is not so active/rarely on the forum these days…

1 Like

Hi @Jeff-UK

Thank you for the reply.

It’s about my own devices.
A gateway and a Bosch Parking Lot Sensor.

Both were in a Application on TTN and i Deleted the Devices and the Application and Also once the Gateway.

Since i reinstalled and reconfigured both, it doesn’t work smoothly.
Sometimes up- and downlinks don’t achieve and sometimes even the joining of the devices don’t succes.

Also sometimes i see in live data (Application) that my gateway is not connected,
but when i look in the live data (Gateway) it shows my Gateway runs well.
So i think it’s an issue, because i deleted both a few times and so on.

Sorry for this chaos and i hope you can help me.

Have a nice evening and kind regards
Albert

true :innocent:

1 Like

Hello!
I am totaly new to TTN. I got my first gateway Dragino LPS8 today. I startet with a new account on TTN. The unboxed to LPS8, powered up, changed the IP to my LAN, Updated the Firmware. Connection to Internet is OK. Gateway EUI is a8404121d1504150
Now I tried to register the Gateway. But - no way - EUI is already used. As I saw in the LPS8 on Page LoRaWAN the TTN Server data was already in.
I read a lot of posts out there, but it seem that the wrong entry has to be deleted by an admin…
Does it take any further step? Please help
best regards
rezloppo

GW EUI already used or GW ID already used? There is a difference…you chose the ID (its for your convenient ref) and if you chose a simple one that might already be used by another gw owner that can be an issue - a good chance something like “mylps8” could be used but less so “rezlopposlps8no1”! Also double check you have types correctly…

That is likely just the manufacturer pre-populating settings to allow easy set up - GW’s often support a few networks out of the box. Are settings pre configured for latest TTN(CE) aka v3 or still set for old V2 server settings? (“eu1.cloud…”, “nam1.cloud…”,“au1.cloud…” etc depending on region not “router…”)

I use(d) different name on gateway ID

grafik

the message is:
{
“code”: 6,
“message”: “error:pkg/identityserver:gateway_eui_taken (a gateway with EUI A8404121D1504150 is already registered as a8404121d15041505)”,
“details”: [
{
@type”: “type.googleapis.com/ttn.lorawan.v3.ErrorDetails”,
“namespace”: “pkg/identityserver”,
“name”: “gateway_eui_taken”,
“message_format”: "a gateway with EUI {gateway_eui} is already registered as {gateway_id}",
“attributes”: {
“gateway_eui”: “A8404121D1504150”,
“gateway_id”: “a8404121d15041505”
},
“correlation_id”: “b8d5e626e9b845fb8ea207840bb14d07”,
“code”: 6
}
]
}

The presetting in Dragino is/was for TTN V3 with eu1.cloud.thethings.network
I also tried to claim the gateway but i do not have a “claimauthentication code” for the Dragino LPS8
Any Ideas?

You need to use ‘register/add’ gw option as ‘claim’ option is for TTIGs (running Basicstation) only, not general market GW’s

:thinking: suggest use the V3 CLI options to get the info on the GW and try to identify the registered owner - then reach out to them if poss to see if they can release as may have been a mis-type on their part…

IIRC command something like:

ttn-lw-cli gateways collaborators list [gateway-id]

Also looking at your post

Suggests you may have tried to register previously in console as the GW ID may auto-populate with the EUI if you dont set a user GW ID…did you get partway through reg process and abort or try before without success?

that is difficult to say what happend on start - I am totaly new to this.
I did point by point in documentation, but I am sure that I enterd a valid GW ID like in example below.
I got in CLI (windows)
grafik

what can i do to get it work?

Concerning this:

The EUI ID is 8 bytes long - this is what I used for registering - the other is not a “regular” number - it is one digit longer - strange!

cyryx is Flensburg
grafik
Tried to get in contact…

OK - solved. I did not get it that the Gateway ID on Dragino is not fix (as the mac number) - I chaged it to random number and it worked. strange method!
Thank You for Your help