Can't reregister device after deleting application

Hi there, I have a problem to register my device in the right application. I opened a test application (test_case_bh_temperature) where I registered my device first. Later I deleted this application, but probably without deleting the device first. Now I can’t reregister the device in another application. In

ttnctl I get:

U:>U:\ttnctl\ttnctl.exe applications add test_case_bh_temperature test
FATAL Could not add application error=An app with the application id test_case_bh_temperature already exists

U:>U:\ttnctl\ttnctl.exe applications info test_case_bh_temperature
FATAL Could not find application error=You do not have access to for right settings to application test_case_bh_temperature

Which means I can’t unhook my device.
Help is appreciated

after deleting you must change your device name to use it again.
deleting doesn’t mean it’s completely ‘gone’ from the server.

Thanks for your respond. The problem is, that the device EUI is linked to the old application, and I can’t change the EUI of the device…

see

Do I understand right, that I have to wait for the new version of the backend until I can use the device again?

that’s a problem then, I don’t know a solution @ this moment.
maybe @kersing or @htdvisser knows one ?

Using the console you can add a device to a new application using the same Device EUI. The new registration will provide you with a new Application EUI and Application Key which you should use to configure your device. If none off the values mentioned can be changed you will need to contact someone from TTN core team and ask them to delete the device from the database. Not sure they are able to help as with 87317 developers using the (free) platform and making mistakes helping everyone would require a helpdesk staffed with several full time FTEs

1 Like