Denver, Colorado

Hi Dan,
Interested in deploying LoRa in the Front Range area. Rather than continuing a conversation on this board, perhaps you could give me a call and we can get together over a coffee.
Phone number below signature in previous post.
Best,
David

Hey David and Dan –
We have a small group in Longmont that is interested in setting up a city-wide network. We’re meeting next Wednesday, and it would be great to collaborate if you have a chance to make it up to Longmont. Either way, please don’t hesitate to drop a line at 720.580.1777 Jake

Hi Jake,
Thanks for the note, I am planning to attend. See you there!

This looks like an outdated thread. Any updates on a Denver IoT (LoRaWAN) network?

Hi dwalkes - I’m interested in Things networks in Denver as well. What is your current involvement?

Hi porrick,
Unfortunately I still don’t have a working hardware setup but I’m still interested in the idea of a Denver LoRaWAN network. Which hardware are you using for your gateway? You can see my attempts at Raspberry Pi Based Node and Gateway Hardware Suggestions
Dan

I haven’t put anything past mere thought/interest/research. Any good resources that you recommend to get started/for a newbie? Thank you in advance.

I think the best info I’ve found has been here on the forum, but it’s been close to a year since I spent any significant amount of time on this.

welcome, THIS is a good starting point

Can we all have a meetup and try to acheive this ?

I’m in (for Denver).

From above posts i can see that they was already meet happened last year. If we can have more people interested we can join.

In light of the recent death of net-neutrality, I was busy researching alternative, global networks and happened across thethingsnetwork.org. Since I live in the Denver metro area, any recent movement on this thread?

The Things Network is not an alternative for ‘normal’ internet traffic … it’s main use is wireless traffic of very small packets of data (like a temperature)
So nothing like surfing the web without censorship or paying extra to be on the ISP’s’ fast lane’ :wink:

1 Like

Thanks very much for the quick, informative reply. Have you heard of any “private internet”-type network projects? I ran across this one (https://docs.meshwith.me) but maybe there are others or something completely different.

I have a working TTN Gateway in north Longmont. I am prepping to move it into the attic which will gain an additional 10’ of height and upgrade the antenna from the stock rubber duck

COLORADO MEETUP GROUP.
New group to explore LPWAN technologies.
meetup.com/LPWAN-Colorado
No corporate agenda. Just shared information.

1 Like

David,

thanx for doing that. I am over in the Washington Park area. Anybody interested in a TTN gateway there ?

Hi Thomas,
I don’t need a Wash Park gateway since I am so far away. However, it would be interesting to map all gateway locations and discover what coverage can be achieved within the metro area.
Also, I don’t know if I really have line of sight to your location but it might be worth trying a range test experiment. I would have to transport a mobile setup a couple of hundred yards to get to about 8,400 ft. I’d also have to purchase an antenna compatible with the TTN Uno.

I know I’m a bit late to the party but have setup a gateway Parker, CO. Just wondering if there is still interest in discussions or meetup?