Dragino LPS8 Gateway disconected

Hello, kersing, thank you for answering. Here it is:

[Removed for security issue]

The gateway EUI goes on public record - whereas your email address is now available …

Please remove the image, don’t redact the EUI as we can use the to look up it’s live status, but please do fuzz out your email

ok, sorry, here is the new screenshot

If you’ve read lots of posts you’ll have seen me start with the same answer each time - it’s not live due to the way that the database is structured.

If you have a device uplinking, then it will show on the gateway’s internal log. As to the connection to TTN, what network are you on, it needs to be able to send over port 1700.

I do not understand it. I just did everything as it was written at the LPS8 user manual. I just want my gateway to get connected to TTN. How can I do it? Please, help

You may well have done, but that doesn’t mean your network can pass information over the internet.

The question was, what network are you on? Like Ethernet or WiFi or some mobile tethering? At home or work? Behind a firewall?

I am at work, but I am using the Wi Fi without firewall.

Please confirm your EUI for the gateway.

{"netID":"000013","tenantID":"ttnv2","id":"eui-a8404120d0204150","eui":"A8404120D0204150","clusterID":"ttn-v2-eu-3","updatedAt":"2021-10-04T17:10:03.214278Z","online":false}

How to do that?

What is the EUI for your gateway?

Where did you get this from?

it was already there when I connected the Gateway

Is it a new gateway?

According the API last seen - “updatedAt”:“2021-10-04T17:10:03.214278Z”

Check on the gateway and confirm the EUI.

it was already used, but i did a complete reset after buying it.

The failure for LoRaWAN to go green suggests there may be a firewall blocking UDP port 1700 traffic between the gateway and the internet.

2 Likes

One of your troubles could be that were you got it from still have it configured on TTN as well.

WiFi at work being a common issue (see the forum posts on it!). Can you try linking to your phone.

Just before anyone asks, it being on v2 doesn’t matter, as a v3 gateway gets priority.

Ah, you got that chestnut in before I could finish replying! It doesn’t due to the excitement of the migration!

But surly if it is in another users name on v2, I can’t register it in my account on v3?

Given that the database doesn’t exist anymore, sure you can. And as they were separate databases, we could when we were moving from v2 to v3.

The Packet Forwarder is also totally separate from the various Network Servers, which is the thing we are querying.

You know when you pop the bonnet on a car and quickly close it because it just looks too much? Double that, and then again and then think TTI infrastructure - many database servers providing duplicates for resilience with cluster failover, multiple instances of a NS which I figure they have setup in a Kubernetes cluster so that the load balancer can then forward the messages to what ever is the least loaded. Probably multiple load balancers. Ditto for the Application Server. And then there is the Identity, Gateway, Gateway Configuration, Join, Device Claim and Network Operation Centre Servers instances.

And then somewhere with some more moving parts is the Packet Forwarder.

To totally mangle Nietzsche " …if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you" so I don’t recommend getting in to the details unless you are some insane bearded SysOps person who drinks vegan beer from Jam Jars and does crosswords composed of AES cyphers.

At the end of the day then I can register all the V2 gateways in my name, they all will sizes to work.

Then you have 5000 users trying to prove who owns what.

I drink Black Label, if you can, you can down an can. :wink: