"Duplicate Identifier" Error in adding the device to TTN V3

I am unable to add my device because it seems like Join Server already has the same Dev EUI and App EUI already registered on the network that I am passing.
Unfortunately, I can not change the App EUI / Dev EUI, So i am not sure what’s the solution for this issue?

Can anybody please suggest?

I think this happened because I tried to register and delete the device through API and somehow I deleted the device from the Identity server and missed deleting the device from Join server and now i have forgotten the device_id that I used to register in the Join Server, so not sure how can I delete the devEUI and appEUI, so I can register it again.

Search the forum to find endless rants from me about failure to read a perfectly good error message.

Duplicate Identifier

It does not say Duplicate EUI

Sorry, if i was not clear, I am seeing following error for Australia Join Server, Network Server and Application Server. Identity server returns 200 and i see the device in console.

{
    "code": 6,
    "message": "error:pkg/networkserver/redis:duplicate_identifiers (duplicate identifiers)",
    "details": [{
        "@type": "type.googleapis.com/ttn.lorawan.v3.ErrorDetails",
        "namespace": "pkg/networkserver/redis",
        "name": "duplicate_identifiers",
        "message_format": "duplicate identifiers",
        "correlation_id": "29b23b667e484b5187fa3c8451ac1991",
        "code": 6
    }]
}

Sorry, I was a bit forceful, but if you search the forum for “duplicate id” you’ll find numerous posts on this topic, did any of them help?

Does your terminal not keep a history that you can step back through to see what the id is/was? Or if you created a script, restore it from your backup?

As you are using the CLI, why not try a device search just in case that can see anything in the other servers?

No luck, I tried the CLI tool as well to search based on dev-eui and join-eui, but seems like that doesn’t work on deleted devices in the network.

May be i messed up with TTN network database and only admins can find the Dev EUI and Join EUI combination and delete them to unblock the device registration on all 4 networks.

any suggestion? what can i do to fix this issue?

From other similar situations it has been explained how difficult this is - because it keeps our device keys safe - so it is unlikely there is some button to press in the secret underground bunker where support are.

So whilst we can page @htdvisser, I would strongly recommend that you put a huge amount of effort in figuring out what the device-id was.

What language did you create the API calls in? They are a bit too complex to just type by hand unless you’re supremely patient so hopefully there are some remnants somewhere.

What is the device - and why can’t the keys be changed?

Did the device exist in the v2 database or other devices like it, that may inform the device id?