Enterprise Server Config - Email settings

Hi, I have just built a new Enterprise server using the AWS Stack and so far all seems good. When i built the server i didn’t enter a SendGrid API key for email as i wanted to use my SES SMTP system.

I cant seem to find anywhere to change config setting son the server, more specifically setup email. Even after spending some time Googling i cant seem to find any info.

Can someone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks

The CloudFormation template for The Things Enterprise Stack indeed doesn’t have settings for an SMTP server configuration right now. I’ll create an internal issue for adding that to the template.

In the meantime, if you feel like getting your hands dirty, you could take a look at the configuration reference and edit the configuration file (/tti/lorawan-stack/config.yml) directly on your deployed server. After editing, you can restart The Things Enterprise Stack with systemctl restart lorawan-stack.service.

Do keep in mind that this file may revert when you update the CloudFormation stack.

Thanks @htdvisser for the response. I’ll need the email platform to be stable as it will be relied upon for password resets. You can bet that in three months someone will update the system, email will stop working and no one will remember why :-). I’ll just go back and update the stack to include a Send Grip API for now.

One other question, we are looking to run the Enterprise server on the assumption that it means we have our own private LoraWan network, can i just ask if this assumption is correct ?

That is correct. If you connect your LoRa gateways to your own network server, and restrict who can create accounts on that server (for example with the “Require Admin Approval” setting) you’ll have your own private LoRaWAN network.

1 Like

…still sharing the same unlicensed radio spectrum with other users in your neighbourhood, who may even need to use worse data rates to reach gateways that are connected to their network. Go peering, go TTN/TTI!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.