Gateway for Malaysia

@shamry not yet unfortunately. Will definitely announce if I get it up.

hi i have 1 unit of your m0 board… have problem to run lmic library. could you share some tips?

@shamry please drop us a mail.

hi @phangmoh … i sent email. similar question above :slight_smile:

hi ,anyone doing HopeRF (sx1276)?

This is my custom raspi hat it has 2 sx1276 and include gps ,adc,i/o expander
I gonna use it for gateway,freq is 433mhz.
In future i wanna dev node using stm32L4 or esp8266 for micro node lora

Nice Raspi Hat you got there!

However in the future in Malaysia, we are going to use spectrum 919 - 923MHz. So you should purchase 915MHz one for RF module.

I am not sure about stm32L4, but I am pretty sure ESP8266 has plenty of libraries and examples for LoRa node in GitHub.

@joehunt588 Glad to see you are back to the forum again. It looked really good! Are you doing dual channels gateway then?

Hi, i’m currently been playing around with waspmote and also the lorawan 433Mhz module. I was wondering how the lorawan in Malaysia? regulation and stuff. because i was planning to look for the lorawan gateway.

looking at the MCMC notice above, is the lorawan belong to the SRD/RFID categories?

433MHz too much inteferance IMHO. Yes lorawan falls into SRD cat. Its 919-923MHz. However there is no details spec on what datarate, packet sz etc should be configured on specific channels. Our best bet is to follow AU config for now.

Thank you for your response.
I also looked into the lorawan 900 module, but i see that is woking on 915Mhz freq. which is outside of the 919-923Mhz range. Am I missing something?
Should i just stay with 433Mhz, is the interference too bad?

Thx.

eventho it says "915"MHz, 919-923MHz is well within the range. 433? there are all short of remote controls etc are operating in that space :slight_smile:

Like what @jemie_kb said, we should really use the 919-923 MHz band for TTN purpose. Since the idea of TTN is to crowdsource the network, it won’t be helpful if some of the gateways are operating at 433 MHz band and some of them are operating at 919-923 MHz band.

Thanks @bengchet ,but as i been inform mcmc wanna use 433mhz in 2018,

for stm32L4 i already done some RND and treat it as node.will share with forum the result,FYI stm32 also wanna drive to lora solution http://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/i-cube-lrwan.html

Hi @boon1 i really busy lately,doing some RND ,:weary:
Yup its dual channel ,i use 2 lora combine for mesh network im using TDMA to sync with network,as i dont have sx1301 documentation.anyone have please share really need it :wink:

hi @jemie_kb yes 433mhz has interference but the noise you can filter it with antenna or use short datapacket(payload),using 433mhz is good for long range and small packet data(please correct me as i new to LoRa :grin:)

FPV range calculator:

Hi, I’m interested to try the Lora and TTN, before going out to buy a device (node), I would like to check what frequency the gateways (around KL/PJ area) are currently operating at? Should I get the 433MHz or ~915MHz device since the 869MHz would probably not be legal soon?

im also interested in loraWan. im in Shah Alam, did u manage to bring up a gateway here @phangmoh?

where do you guys bought lora module for 915 Mhz?

Not yet but going to after I release the update on my LoRaWAN board to be more compatible with TTN. Will be using a RisingHF board with a Raspberry Pi. I’m going to put it up on my house roof in Setia Alam. :grin:
I’ll be making a 868 MHz version first in December then another at 915 MHz in January I guess.

For RFM95W 915 MHz, I bought mine direct from HopeRF as I use them for production. If RN2903, it is still not available widely but Microchipdirect has some of it but it is labelled with firmware 0.95. So, I’m not sure whether the new firmware is ready for the 915 MHz version (RN2903). You can get the 868 MHz (RN2483) from Element-14 without the custom/SIRIM hassle.

@phangmoh I got a 915 MHz RisingHF gateway and it worked very well though it was a little bit tricky to get it up and running. You can find some hints here if you encountered any problem after getting the boards.

@boon thanks a bunch. Yes I have read that. The RisingHF concentrate their work with Loriot primarily due to their main business in China. So, wouldn’t expect much from them on the documents to work with TTN.