Gateway for Malaysia

@phangmoh No worry. I will also share the global configuration file for Malaysian band shortly. So, the community in Malaysia can make use of it.

By the way, do let me know when you are around Cheras during weekday. I would love to meet you for a mamak talk. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,anyone join this conference http://www.selangorsmartcity2016.com/?

hi phang,
could we test your gateway in Setia Alam… i am next to you in Alam Budiman seks u10. Thanks

I doubt that it will reach there. I have tested with a pair of RFM95W (not SX1301 based), at most it reaches the curve along the Setia Perdana road. Further than that, I believe it’s being block by the high rise building. And it was spotty too at along there due to the hilly surrounding. Once the gateway is live, I will put a notice here. Still busy with a host of other things at the moment.

hi phang, should we have some teh tarik session? since our place is very near. looking fwd:-)

@boon, is global configuration file for Malaysia band ready?

Not yet I’m afraid. I fried my gateway module and need to order a new one.

1 Like

Never mind, it is okay. Is it RisingHF module? Currently I am testing this module. Without global conf for Malaysia band, I am using US one.

Yes, it’s risinghf. Are you guys planning to resell that in Malaysia?

This I am not quite sure, decision will depend on my findings and my superiors as well.

I am testing it and so far uplink works good. For downlink, I experience some data lost if using Arduino LMIC library ported on Arduino board. If using Microchip RN modules for LoRa nodes, both uplink and downlink work fine.

Will continue some tests too see how reliable it is :slight_smile: I will share the result of the testing.

Probably due to the mismatch of 2nd receive window time on the Arduino, it has been discussed somewhere in this forum. You could widen the reception window by a small margin as a start. My other guess would be the accuracy of the crystal on RFM95.

Hi,

Let me introduce myself, my name is Mu.Pathma, repesenting Promosys Technology (M) Sdn. Bhd.

I am one of the founder of Promosys and we started operation in 2004, with the aim it design, devleop and manufacture Monitoring Solution, the name Promosys actually stand for PROceses MOnitoring SYStem.

I have been closing following on LoRa and SigFox, with recent development in LoRa within Malaysia, we looking forward to develop commercially viable business using LoRa Platform.

While searching google I bumped into TTN, very much interested to find alot of great individual within LoRa Community in Malaysia.

As of now, we do not have any product or solution done on LoRa, I am communicating with Atilze but nothing been firmed up.

Thats all for now, anyone wanted to connect with me can do so at mpathma@gmail.com or Whatapps to zero one two two one three five three three nine.

@mpathma nice to meet you and glad that you are interested on TTN and LoRaWAN. I saw you mentioned about your application somewhere which requires more than 1400 messages per day. Do let us know if you have any questions.

Hi, Boon, that 1400 message was my question to UnaBiz CEO about him sensing 1800 message on SigFox within 3-hours, I did not get reply from im him on that.

My question to you will be " Do we have TTN LoRaWan Active Gateways in Klang valley ?"

Yes, I have seen that conversation too. I’m not quite sure about the regulations in SG. If there is an upper limit for duty cycle then we all have to follow regardless of Sigfox or LoRa.

We do have active gateways in Klang Valley installed by our local community but it doesn’t have very comprehensive coverage yet. You may check the map here:

https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/community/kualalumpur/

Thanks for the share, have submitted my request to join the Kuala Lumpur team.

Next will the on the purchasing the Gateway.

Can I place order directly to TTN Webshop , thinking to buy the 1 x The Things Gateway, and 10 x The Things Uno.

I noted that this is per-order and due to ship in Jan.2017, This is okay, do you see this going to longer ?

Finally, importing this wireless product, do I need to get AP or custom will let this item in.

Thanks,
Mu.Pathma

I wish to look for good 915MHz antenna for LoRaWAN nodes to achieve at least 1km range. Any suggestion?

Is it confirmed that 915 is going to be the allowable frequency in Malaysia? I thought Asia was going to use 433?

The LoRaWAN Regional Parameters document defines the AS923 band. It doesn’t state specifically that it will be used in Malaysia, but if these frequencies are allowed over there, that would mean you’d use 915 antennas.

I’ve set up a gateway (MultiTech - upgrading the antenna to the external omni 8dBi) in Kota Damansara. Running on 915MHz. (I know Malaysia hasn’t regulate the proper frequency for LoRa) :slight_smile: Few more gateways coming, will be setting them up to promote LoRa (IoT & Smart Cities) in Malaysia.

1 Like