Gateway for Malaysia

I am learning this also. In KL / Malaysia.

Thank you

Cool. I will hopefully get my components and weā€™ll how progress goes.

I am looking to setup a 915MHz gateway in Educity, Nusajaya using the Cytron LoRa-RFM95 Shield.

Get back to you once I get the stuff up and running.

1 Like

Where does the specific places that have gateway

Hi, nice to meet you all ^^

Iā€™m working on the Lora solution as well, happy to see many experts at here ā€¦ Wish can learn more from you all ^^

This is the lora board from the company Iā€™m working on ā€¦

Just curious is there any legal issue or cautious need to take note when using long range 433 MHz in Malaysia? Does MCMC got any technical document/specification for this long range device?

Thanks ā€¦

Best regards,
Sunny

Disclaimer: I am not an expert in this subject but has found some materials regarding the spectrum assignment via MCMC website in the following document ā€œClass-Assignment-No-2-of-2015ā€ on page 8 saying that frequency band from 433 to 435 MHz can be used but with maximum EIRP of 100 mW.

Hope this helps :grin:

Hi Kazmin,

I also stay in Nusajaya area and also interested to setup a Lora gateway. May I know if you have any success with the setup? please drop me an email tengthuan@gmail.com . Thanks!

I just bought a cheap development board with ESP32, OLED & ā€œ868MHz LoRaā€. Only cost USD17 so I thought it was worth playing with.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs-868MHz-915MHz-SX1276-ESP32-LoRa-0-96-Inch-OLED-Display-Bluetooth-WIFI-Lora-Kit-32/32835520271.html

1. Should this be able to connect to a gateway in KL so I can see the data? It comes with something pre-programmed and says "sending packet " with an increasing number every so often so I am guessing it is transmitting!

2. Has the frequency allocation been sorted out yet? I canā€™t see anything definitive but I did read 868MHz is being disallowed as of the end of this yearā€¦which leads me to believe 868MHz is the current frequency used?

3. Anyone else using these devices? I have seen some info here but so far havenā€™t had time to actually do any programming:
    https://hackaday.io/project/27791-esp32-lora-oled-module

Hi. I am new to TTN and dragino gateway. I am currently in Miri using 433MHz dragino shield and gateway. In TTN, there is no 433MHz router for asia or south-east asia. There is no much material i could refer to on internet. Could anyone advise me how to send and receive data using 433MHz ?

According to MCMC - CLASS ASSIGNMENT NO. 1 OF 2017

1. 916 MHz to 919 MHz - 25mW EIRP with duty cycle of <1%, Frequency Hopping or LBT
  2. 919 MHz to 923 MHz - 500 mW EIRP
  3. 923MHz to 924MHz - 500 mW EIRP with duty cycle of <1%, Frequency Hopping or LBT

Does this changes anything?

Hi
Is there a way I can get Kerlink Gateway on rent in Malaysia?

Hi is there anyone using LoPy to set up LoRawan nanogateway? i need advise.

Thanks!

Hi. I am not an expert in these matters but with the help of a local expert I have setup my single channel dragino-shield on a raspberry-pi2. I am using 923.2 Mhz

works fine. There is one dragino node attached to itā€¦ I can see the device live on the TTN Map. Important baby steps forward.

The whole purpose is to learn about this type of device, LoRa IoT etcā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s a very good news! Do you mind sharing how did you setup a gateway for 923 MHz ?
Iā€™m interested in making one for using in Thailand. There are only few people who know and start working on 923 MHz, but your success is indeed a good step forward.

Use this source for a single channel Lora for 923 mhz

A post was merged into an existing topic: Gateway console show: unable to parse token, token expired by 9hrs22m3s

Hi, i am new hereā€¦i want to ask about LoRaā€¦ I developed the end node using arduino with dragino lora shield and for gateway i use raspberry pi 3+ with lora sx1276. Both the development device use the 868MHz frequency. Iā€™m try to connected to The Thing network but the gateway show not connected and the and the status for the end node show never seen. It true that Malaysia cannot use the 868MHz frequency? Iā€™m currently at durian tunggal, Melaka.

Anything please send PM

are u successful sent and receive the data?

hai its already 2019,anyone success develop full solution for lora?or business case study?

really ? :frowning_face: