Gateway status:"disconnected" after migration from V2 to V3

I am using V2 device address. Okay then I think I must configure my application as OTAA but I just realized that there is no Cayenne integration appears after I click ‘add integration’. Which other platform you recommend me to use so that I would be able to observe my data on a console.

My gateway says “disconnected” but when I send data with my node, it clearly sees the data and sends in to my Node-Red dashboard. But now I am in Tanzania, it seems to have connection, in the website of the gateway, but no data is received in the Things console. And it states “disconnected”. I am not sure what I need to do now.

Same problem here,
migrated my gateway from V2 to V3.

V3 console says my gateway is offline,
V2 console tells me my gateway is V3 online

In the end device live-data i can confirm receiving data through the gateway. So i think something is wrong on TTN side

Any workaround about this? One month ago I managed to migrate a gateway from v2 to v3 with success but today I did exactly the same steps for a few more gateways and I still don’t see them as ‘active’ in V3 console (in v2 they are still ‘connected’).

It can take from minutes to several hours for status to update in the consoles - it was easier to see V2 status before the live traffic was turned off/depricated…now you have to wait for the back end systems to scrape data for updates again… give it a bit of time and report back if still a problem… I moved a gw yesterday and it took approx 12 mins to appear live in V3 (I think having reguar local node traffic helped show status) but a couple of hours before V2 changed from Connected to Unknown(V2) status… similarly one I moved on Friday last took an hour or two to stablise in V3 due to local corp network issues and approx 3 hrs to disappear from v2…both now seeing regular 30 sec status update messages from GW in V3 console :slight_smile:

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Things Network V2 is Permanently Shutting Down (scheduled)

This topic is more general based - you’d be best off finding the topic that matches closest to and posting there. The first question anyone will ask is, is it showing traffic - the indicator make take time to catch up.

I’m facing the following problem: Today I migrated successfully 45 nodes to v3 and now I do the same for a few gateways that are still in v2. Although my gateways display “connected” on v2 console, in v3 they are all still “Disconnected”. I follow line by line the migration guide, but still can’t figure where is the problem. I tried to read as many threads as possible before writing here but still couldn’t find a solution. Am I missing something? Do I have to wait for a few hours or access remotely each gateway and do some other process? One month ago I managed to migrate a gateway from v2 to v3 with success by following exactly the same steps. :thinking:
Thanks in advance!

Is this some voodoo time travel - no, it’s me hacking away at moving posts when someone double posts.

@Ioannis_K, please don’t double post.

Sorry, I apologise

Hello again,
Thank you for your quick response! I really appreciate it. Almost 8 hours have passed and I still haven’t seen any changes. Still all 9 gateways are remaining offline in V3. What is the maximum period of time for it to be considered abnormal?

Have sometimes gone to bed after some late night hacking and transitions or new additions to find all ok in morning so I guess lots of processes sweep overnight…Eu time. Typicalmused be adding a new V2 gw that wouldn’t sometimes wouldn’t show up on community maps until next day…not sure on timing/processes for V3. If showing as disconnected in V3 are you actually seeing data coming into applications? If so take a peek at message meta data…basically if gw info says your V3 name all is good and console waiting to catch up, if it shows as PacketBroker then still coming in through V2…

Have you run https://mapper.packetbroker.net/api/v2/gateways/netID=000013,tenantID=ttn,id={gatwayID} to see what it returns while not showing on the map or the console?

This will be interesting to know.

What do you mean by offline? Is the gateway console showing the regular pings (typically about every 30 seconds)? Is it showing any traffic from devices?

Personally when I setup a gateway or start one up, I see pings (alive messages) immediately. And I pay no attention to the connection status - it’s traffic that counts.

Good morning!
Their status is remaining ‘Disconnected’ and I still don’t see any traffic in the live data screen, not even pings.

Sure!
By running: https://mapper.packetbroker.net/api/v2/gateways/netID=000013,tenantID=ttn,id={gatewayId} the result I get is the following:
{“message”:“store: not found: get gateway”}

On the other hand by running: https://mapper.packetbroker.net/api/v2/gateways/netID=000013,tenantID=ttnv2,id={gatewayId} the result I get is as expected:
{“netID”:“000013”,“tenantID”:“ttnv2”,“id”:{gatewayID},“eui”:{gatewayEUI},“clusterID”:“ttn-v2-eu-3”,“updatedAt”:“2021-11-18T07:09:19.602706Z”,“location”:{“latitude”:40.56475042,“longitude”:22.99399674,“altitude”:0,“accuracy”:0},“antennaCount”:1,“online”:true,“frequencyPlan”:{“region”:“EU_863_870”,“loraMultiSFChannels”:[868100000,868300000,868500000,867100000,867300000,867500000,867700000,867900000]},“rxRate”:30.508188,“txRate”:0}

Interesting it say “online”:true

Do you see the data in the applications?

Indeed it says “online: true” but apparently this happens only in the case of the v2. I can’t see any data in the applications screen of the v3 console if this is what you are meaning.

The “v2” in the API have nothing to do with V2 or V3 stack.

Have you delete the gateway form v2? If you have not you have the same eui in V2 and V3