Generic Node

But I also read that it ships which a secure module that has the keys for the TTI Join servers pre-configured. So I’m curious to hear more about how that part of the process works if you want to xfer it to another system. Any pointers on that ?

Hi all,
after signing up for the early access program and ordering both a Generic Node and a Generic Sensor Node (including paying a deposit) over a year ago; I have heard absolutely nothing about a possible release date nor received any email updates on the progress.

Am I alone in this or is it radio silence for all?

I understand that the current lead-time problems are impacting deliveries, but no updates at all is very bad practice.

2 Likes

Hello dear community members.

I hope you all had great holidays and wish everyone successful year ahead.
We’ve been busy struggling with the chipocalypse, but finally managed to pull off the long awaited batch of Generic Nodes.

A sneak-peak from our office in Amsterdam.

IMG_20220104_102724_Bokeh

2 Likes

Great stuff ! :grinning: :clap:

1 Like

Hello

I purchased a generic sensor edit node on December 10, 2021.

So, I didn’t receive any information about the shipment so can you give a date or even approximate time for the shipment of the product please?

Best regards,

2 Likes

Hi @hhaddad, thank you for your question.
Despite the global component crisis, we have pulled off the fabrication of the second batch (~500) devices, which are currently in our possession.

We’re now finalizing the last steps of CE certification (Radio and Safety), which was another delaying factor. Hopefully, starting from next month, we’ll be able to fulfill the pre-orders.

I’ve also purchased 2 generic node (and paid) on August 2021, since my order confirmation, absolutely no information on delay, status or whatever. I can see documentation, videos, lot of interesting stuff but can’t do anything without node in hands.
Would be glad to have at least some kind of communication (status, delay, issues, …) and expected shipping, and if delayed, communicate using email to early buyers.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Simplification of design - removal of antenna components

After being very patient (not really !) I have finally received the Generic Node sensor edition I ordered a long time ago. Now the fun can start at last. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi,

I bought a generic node in February but I have no information about tracking or delivery time. Where can I get more information? Thank you.

Regards,

Jorge Celades

Hello,

Up until now I’m still waiting on my order.
I did buy the Generic Node Sensor edition in September 2021!
Can someone help me with the clarification of the facts?

Best regards,
Markus

Still waiting also (bought August 2021) and we paid in advance so at least having some answers would be a minimal starting point, just my point of view.

4 Likes

As some others in here: Ordered and paid in December 2021, no feedback to my emails, still waiting…
@wienkegiezeman
Do you have any information for the people waiting for the delivery?

1 Like

+1. Been trying to get a status update for the US915 version for a while now.

Only crickets.

Did someone had a chance to go TTC 2022 and get in Generic node node Booth to grab more information?

Seriously, reading this makes me feel fooled…

The GNSE was being shown off on the TTI stand but not highlighted as such. There was a workshop on getting started with it and attendees did get a GNSE to take away.

How so?

Good to know attendes did get product.

How so?

Just Because attendes did get a GNSE (so they have some) to take away and people that bought GNSE more than one year ago get nothing, so reducing time to market is a good point, but may be the 1st priority would be to deliver to buyers.

I can understand there are some shortage and other issues, because I build boards for my customers day by day and I deliver product (if not I’m closing company) so I know perfectly what it is. But at least I would like to have information, explanations, and estimated ETA, just what I’m asking for months without any answer from seller…

1 Like

As far as I know a good sized batch has arrived at TTI after all the delays with the RF switch & then certification and have been shipped out.

Maybe you could message @cndrxn about the whereabouts of your previous order?

1 Like

I will, thanks for the contact

1 Like

Hello everyone.

Orkhan from the TTI team. If anyone has any unfulfilled Generic Node order, please let me know the order number and I’d be happy to sort it out ASAP.

If you have any other questions regarding the GN, please drop me a message here or email me orkhan[at]thethingsindustries[dot]com.

Kind regards,
Orkhan

1 Like