Help Identifying Node Host Network

Opened thread to allow sharing of identified networks outside of TTN (remember LoRaWAN is a broadcast network solution with all GW’s seeing traffic from all nodes in range (not just TTN/TTI nodes with Dev Adr 26/27 xx xx xx) irrespective of Network Operator - Public or Private) - nodes join a network not GW’s a la WiFi :wink: and in hope community can help identify alien nodes or potential abusers.

Having recently made some improvements to a few of my GW deployments as expected I am seeing increased range and sensitivity…this is evidenced also by starting to capture traffic from nodes that were not seen before as prevously out of range or in coverage not spots.

I am interested to know which networks Nodes with Dev Adr 16 xx xx xx (actually 16 Bx xx xx) or Dev Adr A0 xx xx xx (Actually A0 1x xx xx) belong to as I see several of these coming in at between -117 & -121dBm RSSI & SNR in typical range -13 to -16 for the 16xx and a healthier -4 to -12 SNR for the A0xx nodes.

Does anyone recognise the host network for the nodes? A0 seems strange, and having tried to look at some old L-A NwkId lists I have I’m not convinced 16xx is really 0x16 , 0x2c/2d , China: Computer Network Information Center & Chinese of Sciences Guangzhou Sub-center (CNIC) here in UK! :slight_smile: (even if node is e.g. an asset tracking device perhaps coming in through a local port or airport frequency would be wrong, right?!, though may explain use of SF12 )

Am watching the A0’s as close to breaking EU duty cycle but just legal and the 16xx is way over as below image

From here, 16 seems more like Russia Everynet.

Thanks, just figured it was EveryNet - didnt realise specifically Russian implementation :slight_smile: Looking at the ID list I was confusing the Net ID and NwkID :wink:

I have seen the same issues in our small village recently!

I believe it maybe the street lighting? All transmitting at SF12… Breaking duty cycle too.

Network: Bouygues Telecom
Net ID:0x07
Region:Europe

Dev Address: OE04F4A7

To continue populating the list for quick reference if finding the thread:-

Experimental Nodes start 00 xx xx xx or 01 xx xx xx - Some networks may handle and pass forward, others may drop - supporting is useful as it allows development work in none network specific confic before then releasing a ‘product’ which can join specific networks - either dedicated or pen via std Join request.

Other networks previously seen called out on Forum threads include

KPN (NL/Europe) (14 xx xx xx) or (15 xx xx xx)
Orange (FR) (1E xx xx xx) or (1F xx xx xx)
Bouygues Telecom (FR/Europe) (0E xx xx xx) or (0F xx xx xx)
Swisscom (Europe) (08 xx xx xx) or (09 xx xx xx)
Actility (Global) (04 xx xx xx) or (05 xx xx xx)
Loriot (Global) (30 xx xx xx) or (31 xx xx xx)
Kerlink (Global) (24 xx xx xx) or (25 xx xx xx)

A more complete listing through Things Network address space link refrenced by UdLoRa above

1 Like

Bouygues Telecom nodes hitting me in Wales UK, almost look like they are right on top of me going by the RSSI and SNR. They replaced all the street lighting fairly recently… And there looks like a Gateway on one of the lamps.

You may be right - as you ident also from the list and Metada network is Bouygues :wink: Wonder which lighting vendor has done a deal with them :thinking: Am still struggling to ident the A0 devices - may be a private network - loks like typically running at 75-90% of allowed 1% duty cycle - just 'cause they ‘can’ doesn’t mean they ‘should’ - still a bit anti-social running close to the limits continually vs once every so often on a ‘shared’ spectrum…

Public info request to local council?!

Lucky for me most I see are at fringe of reception so likely nearer nodes will punch through based on near/far issue, though does somewhat defeat point of improving GW installs to extend range…ah well…

I can regularly see 30 plus smashing out SF12. Watching the data it appears they have motion sensors inside. As this happens during the day… Everything quietens down a little at night.

I did email the council requesting they turn on ADR.haha. No response.

What does duty cycle look like? Would be embarassing for Council if you had to report to Radio Regulator! :wink:

All 24byte packets at SF12. All very random. Some can go on every second for a few minutes. Then there are pauses. I can’t make much sense of it really. Something triggers them!

It seems Flashnet Intellilight :wink:

:thinking: may well be but thought they (Flashnet) had their own global network Id with devices on Dev Adr 34 xx xx xx? Perhaps leveraging Bouyges’s infrastructure or a local system integrator has done a deal with BT (FR)…

I just found a news from 2015 regarding their cooperation, so not necessarily true.

Could well be as they have co-operations with other telecom companies (e.g. DT) and integrate with lots of LoRaWAN server providers…and with last years large stakeholding from Engie Group likley expanding further…they are into all sorts of network implementations beyond LoRa/LoRaWAN - e.g. NB-IoT & Lonworks etc.

These have sprang up by us today in Newtown, UK. Close to breaking duty cycle.

Airlora Australia?! - WTF! :wink:

Worth reaching out to Justin for info? (Justin Spangaro, Founder and CEO Airlora Communications)

1 Like

Might be one of the Stratisfi trackers (16 Bytes?) through Spangaro systems? (FYI Justin is ex Ericsson and Ex LSI Logic if I recall, though I dont think I ever met him!)

Looks like the went in today! Count number is still fairly low. Odd!

Just noticed this activity on our Makerspace gateway. Any ideas?

1 Like