Heltec HT-M01S indoor gateway

I just upgraded mine to 1.4 via the web and it initially came up with a blank screen - I had to go through the license process through the serial port to get it to work again.

It can work normally after sending the activation command through the serial port.

Has anyone been able to use a Adafruit RFM95 module and a RP Pico to send data through this gateway? I also tried a UNO/HopeRF and a Mega/HopeRF module and could not get them to connect either. All of these continuously try to join and it fails each time.

I have only had luck connecting to this gateway through a Heltec ESP32LoRa 32 (V2).

That really needs to be its own question or attach to a thread on the pi pico, since it’s strictly about getting such a node to implement LoRaWAN with TTN settings and has absolutely nothing to do with which gateway is being used; gateways all behave the same way, unless they’re broken. The actual “conversation” is between the node and the TTN servers.

I will start a new thread, I found out that I that my WeatherStation which uses the Ambient Weather ObserverIP has a HopeRF chip and looking at my Spectrum Analyzer there are very strong signals throughout the US915 band - perhaps the Heltec ESP32LoRa 32 (V2) is using a SF or a higher power level that is able to penetrate this other RF and the HopeRF (common among failures) is not as robust, but this is speculation at this point. Still researching.