How can I delete my end device

Details please!!! We cant second guess what you are trying to do, with what, what you are seeing etc…

Lets start at the top… what do you mean by:-

i created an application and added my device.in my attempt to add Collaborators
I removed myself and now I can’t have access the app.I tried to create another application to add my device but I can’t because it is registered.can i get the application back or delete it?

Did you add any collaborators before deleting yourself?

I think you need to appoint someone to do this for you (@Jeff-UK , @descartes ) :smiley:

1 Like

@panam, there are two items in the reference documentation that directly speak to this situation, have you read them?

1 Like

Νo, I haven’t read them unfortunately. can you forward them to me please?

Best is to post on the Slack channel, only the core team can assist you, maybe can help @KrishnaIyerEaswaran2 ?

1 Like

To paraphrase Dr Frankenfurter, that’s solving the problem but not the cause.

I’m not sure why any TTI staff members should spend time if the OP can’t read the docs which are linked to on every single console page, there are so many ways that this can be solved.

You have me confused now.

1. I create a application id ‘TTN Data Collection’.
  2. I add devices id:eui-xxxxxx and id:eui-yyyyy…
  3. I add @descartes as collaborator with full admin access on ‘TTN Data Collection’.
  4. I delete myself from the application ‘TTN Data Collection’ as collaborator.
  5. Now @descartes have full control over application ‘TTN Data Collection’ and devices and only him.
  6. I want to delete a device.

How do I do it?

As if I could do this I will be able to delete any device from any application if I knew the application and device ID.

I agree the cause is a bit of self inflicted pain.

1 Like

Overall, the end goal is to get access back to the device.

What puzzles me is why the collaborator that’s been added can’t sort this out - either by re-adding the OP or deleting the device for them.

Which is why 2 days+ ago I asked

…we could have had OP solve very quickly - even without reading documents! Ah well… no answer = no support I guess :wink:

Μy friend, I asked some questions about some problems I had. thank you, whoever wants to help us, if you don’t want to, there is absolutely no problem.

Unfortunately I didn’t add Collaborators, if I did, things would be very simple

You have not answered @Jeff-UK’s question if you’d managed to add a collaborator before you removed yourself.

And you’ve not answered my question if your collaborator can restore access or remove the device.

We give responses, you don’t act on them or answer questions to move things forward. There are 32 headings in the reference docs but you want someone to take time out to direct you to the entries relevant to your issue. We can only help if you co-operate with us by answering our questions. If you don’t want to, don’t ask.

He has now - I suspect as you were typing looking at the time stamps! :slight_smile: Looks like the ‘easy’ route is a bust…docs for the win?!

1 Like

Ah shame…that would be the easy path…but users often dont think of it :+1:

1 Like

TTS has not allowed the last collaborator to be removed for a while now after some similar incidents. Although it is still possible to remove access by setting custom access settings. Is it possible that someone else is still on as a collaborator?

Or that you have other logins?

However now we know you aren’t aware of adding a collaborator, another question is:

Can you change the credentials (the DevEUI or App/JoinEUI) on the device?

If you can, then change them and it will allow you to register the device in a new application. As per ID and EUI Constraints, you will not be able to re-use the Application or Device Id’s so you will need to create new ones.

If you can not, please tell us the make (manufacturer/vendor) and model (part number) so we can see what might be possible.

In the meanwhile, I’ll go and shoot myself in the foot and see if the user API key will allow the CLI to reinstate access.

There is no obligation for any of the TTI team to assist, but as a backup it would be good to get the application id and device id available, it’s totally not appropriate to ask for help without giving the details in the initial request.

1 Like

I will try to change the device details. Thank you for your help.

Thanks. I also had a similar problem and your solution helped me solve it

Hi, I created an application in nam1 cluster. I don’t know why, but I created a end device in this application but in eu1 cluster.
Now I cannot delete the end device neither the application. How can I do?