How to find users of Lorawan-Eu868MHz Energy Meter

We are Lorawan energy meter manufacturer, a lot of clients inquired our products of EU868 based energy meter but only a few of them go batches, is EU868 Lorawan end devices are facing a small market?

Simona - are you asking about the size of the market for EU868 energy meters, and how to reach end-users? If so, I suspect you won’t find many responses here; those commercial questions may be best directed to the Lora Alliance.

1 Like

Welcome to the world of IoT :rofl:

Realistically many tests and trials are done that never progress or where 10 systems evaluated but only 1 or 2 devices/systems get chosen for follow up. The implication being that you need to do effective follow up on any such commercial opportunities - and indeed screen initially to check if truely an opportunity or just speculative or a sample grab… but then that would be teaching you to ‘suck eggs’ wrt sales, marketing and biz dev practice.

I note also that you make a virtue of “No Distributor or middleman, Factory-Direct!!”, which may work in some markets and some product sets (outside of LoRa/LoRaWAN) where little local support needed or price is biggest driver, but in mature markets, and especially in highly regulated industries such as metering & at scale and with LoRaWAN deployments in general (many complex moving parts to a system), that is rarely going to work. Having local knowledge, local support, logistics operations and access to key market decision makers, specifiers and influencers as well as the right channels and ‘door openers’ is essential.

Not going to do your market assessment for you (many of the volunteers here also provide consulting and support services besides doing pro bono support on the Forum but expect to get paid good money for vs provide free!), but one point to highlight is that metering generally (water, gas, heat, electricity,…) based on LoRa/LoRaWAN is expanding rapidly and set to accelerate as mature markets using EU868 are now in the process of shutting down their 3G (and 2G) networks, such that early connected meters using such are also being thrown back into the marketing mix as replacement opportuniities, and as utilities have been burnt by lack of access/control on such networks; LoRaWAN is starting to look like an increasingly mature, independent and potentially self-controlable option.

As Jac has called out to you in PM spamming various threads on the Forum (including choosing 3+ year old threads on different topics) isnt going to build your market for you and likely will only generate more single/low volume ‘ooooh let’s look see’ type enquiries, that’s not an effective ISM/Biz Dev strategy :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion, it’s helpful

I see the points, glad to have your feedback,I am confused and wandering for a long time, looking for some global partners!!! just because we don’t know it’s Niche ones for using these or it’s very common to use Lorawan end device such as energy meter… :love_letter: