HTTP Integration - Problem with Azure HTTPS Certificate

Hello,

I am using the HTTP integration to post data to a page on an Azure VM. This works when I use http, but not using https.
I assume the same problem is preventing me to submit data to the Azure IoT hub over the HTTP Integration.

Does anybody have the same problem? Or know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Joris

You’re surely seeing some error message?

Hello,

No, I dont see an error message. I am currently using the ‘Simulate uplink’ to send data: both get message ‘Upload message simulated’, but I cannot see and error message anywhere.

Regards,

Joris

Do things work okay with https://requestb.in ? Any details on the certificate chain of the Azure VM? (Or the full domain name would even be better.)

Right, it works with requestb.in

The Azure VM has the problem ‘CA Root certificate is not trusted’: can I get this solved?
Same with the Azure IoT hub.

I thought a lot of people would have already worked this way, and that the answer would be trivial…?

Thanks for the support anyway…

Where do you see that error?

(If you even get that error when going to the URL with an up-to-date browser, then I’m afraid the problem needs to be solved in your Azure setup, not in TTN’s integration.)

Hello Arjan,

Yes, indeed, when I open the url via a browser, I get this error. I suppose the root certificate needs to be trusted by TTN, but I see no way to do that.

Thanks,

Joris

I’m not part of the TTN team, but I’m quite sure @johan and @htdvisser are not going to do that. (And if they would, they will need much more details.)

However, Let’s Encrypt is probably supported by TTN, and can probably be set up for whatever web server you’re using.

1 Like

Let’s Encrypt would indeed be the way to go here. No reason to have self signed certificates anymore

2 Likes

I am using HTTP Integration to Azure IoT Hub without issue. Note that you must use HTTPS but it uses the Microsoft certificates so there should be no issue with non-trusted certificates.

With Azure VM I would guess it would be something to do with using custom SSL certificates against your VNet.

Hello all,
I am using a HTTP integration to connect with other weblink but I could not recieve any pakets at my enddevice. Does any one have same issue.

did it worked before ?

[0#90]

yes it kinda worked few days before. I thought end point might be wrong but when i checked it worked fine. but since yesterday it doesnot send any packets

I am using FiPy as a LoRa node and Dragino as gateway. So far , everything works fine. I am able to send recieve paylods both on enddevice and on TTN.
I wanted forward the pakets from TTN to a private server. At start the HTTP integration worked fine but only for 2-3 days. I checked my endpoint, it works completely fine. So can anyone suggest how to proceed. May be something I am missing out.

Hello guys, it would be great if any of you have an idea of how to solve the issue.
All suggestions are appreciated. I have been trying to figure out the problem for a week now.

I don’t think anyone will be able to help you without any details on the setup and configuration of the integration and your endpoint.