I do not have registered gateway but it says gateway already exists

After many failed tries to register in v3, i deleted it from v2 also but i still get the same error

This is a red herring I’m afraid, being on v2 won’t affect v3.

Does anyone know if the EUI can be changed on a Laird gateway?

It would be useful if you could tell us what model you have so someone who knows the brand can comment.

The model is Laird Sentrius RG186

Yes and no - noodling around I saw this

which is indeed explained by

but until that was confirmed there was the possibility of mistranscription or error with earlier reg, even if serendipitous and allowing operation in V2, as @xperiencelab had said the specific gw was previously registered under V2… and I just wanted to eliminate all early sources of error or problem…you never know. I havent come across stories or evidence of duplicate Laird EUI’s shipping ex-works so most likley if @xperiencelab has confirmed his/hers it looks like @fiveos-garrpo or @fivos ? is the one who has mis-typed…

Even though not active on forum (?) TTI core will have registered account details from setting up TTN account and might (kindly, even if not part of their day job!) reach out by contact email to ask and enable transfer (but not deletion?!) of mis-configured registration…just thinking aloud… :wink:

I’ll try to contact @fives-garpo, but what confuses me is how it was registered in the first place in v3 (with the wrong gateway id and the correct EUI), and after i deleted it to enter the correct device id it cannot register again

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Connecting TTIG to TTN V3 - (NOT YET)

I’ve reached out to user Fivos-Garpo by email with a link to this forum thread.

2 Likes

Hola buenas noches, tengo el mismo problema elimine mi gateway y ahora cuando lo intento agregar nuevamente me dice ID Already taken. Me pueden ayudar?

This is an English language only forum - please edit your post as soon as possible.

The answer you seek is in the topic - please read it and please use the forum search.

Hi, The Things Network was established in the Netherlands, but their forum uses English as it’s preferred language. Google can translate but sometimes something technical might get scrambled in translation.

Hello, good night, I have the same problem, I deleted my gateway and now I try to add it again, it tells me ID Already taken. Can you help me?

I have replied already when I said:

The answer you are looking for is already in the topic above - please read it and please use the forum search for this question that has been asked several times.

Good morning Nick, I need to re-register my gateway, but it does not allow me, from what I understand it is left in the TTN database, I give you the ID to see if the people of TTN can delete it or return to assign to my account.
ID: dc-a6-32-ff-fe-36-c0-15

You have said the error message is ‘ID Already taken’

The ID is not the same as the gateway EUI, the ID is for your reference. It can not be the same as any other gateway ID on TTN, even for other people.

To solve any confusion about which field you are entering the information, I have duplicated the issue and I’ve highlighted the field that I need to change to fix the problem.

Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 14.19.06

The ID can not be the same as any other gateway on TTS CE, you will have to find a different ID to use.

If you are still having the same problem, please can you take a screen shot to show us what you are entering.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I still have the same problem, the ID that you attach is the ID that the gateway gives me

According to what I understand, that is the ID that I have to enter when I register a new gateway

You put what used to be called the Gateway ID in to the EUI box - like I put AA-BB-CC-DD-EE-FF-00-11 and then give your gateway an ID.

You will have to enter the EUI and you will have to use something different in the gateway ID box.

That is the RAK s/w definition of what is actually the eui… hence the confusion. Also I believe in some cases if no gateway ID is specified then it may default to using the eui as gw ID… you need to override this as Nick has told you and if it is rejected you have to be imaginative and use a gw ID not used by anyone else! E.g. “my-gateway” or “my-rak-gateway” has good chance of being used by someone else before me… “jeffs-fantabulous-rak-gw-001” or “jeffs-north-field-holly-farm-gw” is likely unique and available…

The Gateway ID in the V3 console is just YOUR convenient label for YOUR gateway… it has no direct connection or exchange with the actual physical unit or the software that runs on it (*) and your are free to choose within the limits of the ID field.

(*) in some cases the gw packet forwarder/software may download the GW ID from the console as it configures/completes set-up and hold/reflect it as part of its data/description… at least it did in V2…I havent dug deep in V3 with the type of gw/software that did that under V2.

I registered and deleted my gateway last time for testing.

When you register for a new one, it says that you have already registered your ID.

What should I do?

did you try to register the ID as same as deleted before ? ---- what you should do ? think about another ID and re-register your gateway again voila !