I do not have registered gateway but it says gateway already exists

Can you let the moderators know the results as well - we have mucho confusion over ID vs EUI so we are expecting other variations on this.

The EUI is C0EE40FFFF2979BF

• Within a deployment, there can only be one gateway with the same EUI (across all tenants)
  • Within a tenant, there can only be one gateway with the same ID
  • When a gateway is deleted, the ID is retained and can not be re-used but the gateway EUI can be re-used

(source: ID and EUI Constraints | The Things Stack for LoRaWAN)

A gateway with that EUI was registered a couple of weeks ago by @fivos-garpo, who apparently isnā€™t on this forum, but maybe that account is related to @fivos, who is on the forum. You can try reaching out to them.

Yes, thanks, read the docs months back, answered in this vein multiple times, Iā€™m talking about others but Iā€™ve yet to figure out what to put in a GitHub issue.

@xperiencelab, this begs the question, what did you put in the first time??

well i am pretty sure i put in the correct EUI.
Only in the gateway device id was wrong, and that is why i deleted it afterwards. More precisely i created the gateway with the same gateway_id it had in v2 version. And deleted it afterwards to add it with a different gateway_id

So either ā€˜fivos-garpoā€™ entered the wrong EUI which would mean they havenā€™t got a working gateway or alternatively you had some finger trouble.

Regardless, perhaps revisit the EUI.

The EUI implies itā€™s a Laird so not a randomly made up EUI - so hopefully fivos has a working gateway and it was just a mis-type for you.

Thenā€¦ i think i should go and see the EUI from the device.
But the gateway was already registered in v2 and i just copy pasted the EUI. So it should be ok.

If the gateway is registered (somehow) in another account is there a way to reclaim it ?
Since i have the physical device?

Copy n pasta isnā€™t a certainty either. There is still some uncertainty due to your ability to register the EUI whilst it was already registered.

Iā€™d check the device and go slow and we can pick up what happens if you canā€™t register it if that comes up.

I guess thatā€™s the plan for now
Iā€™ll let you know when i have any news on this
Thanks again

1 Like

Hello again
I just reached the gateway and i confirm that this is the correct EUI of the gateway, as it is written on the device.
Still cant register the gateway

and

Just want to check - these deletions in V3

per

or did you also delete in V2?

After many failed tries to register in v3, i deleted it from v2 also but i still get the same error

This is a red herring Iā€™m afraid, being on v2 wonā€™t affect v3.

Does anyone know if the EUI can be changed on a Laird gateway?

It would be useful if you could tell us what model you have so someone who knows the brand can comment.

The model is Laird Sentrius RG186

Yes and no - noodling around I saw this

which is indeed explained by

but until that was confirmed there was the possibility of mistranscription or error with earlier reg, even if serendipitous and allowing operation in V2, as @xperiencelab had said the specific gw was previously registered under V2ā€¦ and I just wanted to eliminate all early sources of error or problemā€¦you never know. I havent come across stories or evidence of duplicate Laird EUIā€™s shipping ex-works so most likley if @xperiencelab has confirmed his/hers it looks like @fiveos-garrpo or @fivos ? is the one who has mis-typedā€¦

Even though not active on forum (?) TTI core will have registered account details from setting up TTN account and might (kindly, even if not part of their day job!) reach out by contact email to ask and enable transfer (but not deletion?!) of mis-configured registrationā€¦just thinking aloudā€¦ :wink:

Iā€™ll try to contact @fives-garpo, but what confuses me is how it was registered in the first place in v3 (with the wrong gateway id and the correct EUI), and after i deleted it to enter the correct device id it cannot register again

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Connecting TTIG to TTN V3 - (NOT YET)

Iā€™ve reached out to user Fivos-Garpo by email with a link to this forum thread.

2 Likes

Hola buenas noches, tengo el mismo problema elimine mi gateway y ahora cuando lo intento agregar nuevamente me dice ID Already taken. Me pueden ayudar?