InfluxDB and TTN

Has anyone managed to connect a TTN V3 application to an AWS hosted InfluxDB?

This should be easy but it appears to be extremely complex - or at least poorly documented.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Run an instance of NodeRed…mqtt connection to TTN v3 → Influxdb :slight_smile:

my influx runs on AWS while the nodered runs on a pi (gateway), check this to prepare the data if you want

If you don’t want node-red to run locally, IBM cloud (i remember) offers a free instance for nodered

Thank you Baxter, that was very helpful and I am now getting data out of TTN onto my AWS hosted Node-Red. Now I need to figure out how to use Node red to do stuff with the data- have you managed to do the same? For example how would I get it into a database?

Thanks Vaasseniot,

Do you have any pointers to getting it out of Node-Red and into Influx?

Hi @Qmick ,

first of all to start is this post a good one to read:

and publish the data to InfluxDB is realy easy, install palete InfluxDB → connect to database → write to measurment.

Here some sample flows:

Thanks but it all comes to tears here: “and publish the data to InfluxDB is realy easy, install palete InfluxDB → connect to database → write to measurment.”

My Influxdb is a cloud instance somewhere else and I have no idea how to connect to it
I don’t see any sample scripts there which show how to do this as they all point to Localhost

Sorry to take your time.

The Influx Connection Node works with an ip and port - so it doesn’t matter if your DB is local or somewhere else. Give it a try.

@Qmick it doen’t matter if it is a cloud instane. hostname - portnumber is fine. :slight_smile: