Kerlink - remote password reset - Firmware upgrade / update

Hi there,
I have a Kerlink IoT station that was setup by someone at our company a while back. He has left us now and I dont know what password he used as root passord or USB key password. I cannot get the firmware to update and I am thinking it might be because there is . usbkey password.

Someone told me that TTN can reset or change this remotely? The gateway is working so its online.

Plus I dont know it it has SSH, I cant find it on the nerwork because im not the network admin. I have tried every possibel IP but couldnt get into ssh anuything.

I even tried factory reset, but I belive this only reinstalles the latest firmware ?

Nothing gets written bak the the usb drive , this also makes me think there must be a usbkey on it.

TTN, could youn help with this?

I am not sure if they every registered the router on their account, I have tried a few accounts of our company but cannot find it. Could you see if the gateway is registered to someone? I see you can slo transfer a gateway to a new account?

shouldn’t it be registered to your company ?
I would asked your network admin …

I would assume its registered to our company allready, I took the gateway and its now at my house, Im on a public network that we share where I stay. So I cant see the DHCP list of devices.

But I have the gateway, and its UID, so Cant TTN just see if its registered ?

what’s the gateways EU-xxx then ?

Hey, its 0x80E0176

you see it on the map ?

https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/

Yes, I do, in South Africa, Western Cape

Name: eui-0000024b080e0176
Owners: Unknown owner
Altitude (m): 76
Placement: Not specified
Brand: Not specified
Model: Not specified
Antenna model: Not specified

http://noc.thethingsnetwork.org:8085/api/v2/gateways/eui-0000024b080e0176

one answer you have… it’s registered at TTN and its working, but TTN cannot ‘reset’ that gateway or provide access.

Thanks, so where do I go from here? Can TTN not see its in our companies name? Can i talk to someone at TTN?

Also, Am I right in assuming its got a usbkey password on it? And without it I cannot do anything?

I understand a little bit your situation but you understand that TTN cannot give privacy sensitive information.

I suggest you send a company ! e-mail (so NO gmail/hotmail ect) to @laurens … maybe he can see under what mailadress the account / gateway is registered.

or your company contact the gateway seller and ask for advise howto factory reset the gateway.
there are here on the forum some topics about this
after resetting register again.

Thanks, I will do that. I have tried factory reset by pressing reset 21 times as suggested. Nothing changes, someone told me if it has usbkey password this wont work, it will reset to previous settings (with password)

I will send email right now!

@BoRRoZ One last thing, because its online, does it mean it is registered on someones TTN console? Or not necessarily?

well… somebody who registered the gateway @ TTN , has acces to it on their TTN console (so they have to be a registered user at least )

whoop whoop, i fot ssh access to it! I used another router and got its IP. Good times, thanks anyways

and you suddenly found its ssh password ? hmmmmm … :thinking: