Name: eui-0000024b080e0176
Owners: Unknown owner
Altitude (m): 76
Placement: Not specified
Brand: Not specified
Model: Not specified
Antenna model: Not specified

http://noc.thethingsnetwork.org:8085/api/v2/gateways/eui-0000024b080e0176

one answer you have… it’s registered at TTN and its working, but TTN cannot ‘reset’ that gateway or provide access.

Thanks, so where do I go from here? Can TTN not see its in our companies name? Can i talk to someone at TTN?

Also, Am I right in assuming its got a usbkey password on it? And without it I cannot do anything?

I understand a little bit your situation but you understand that TTN cannot give privacy sensitive information.

I suggest you send a company ! e-mail (so NO gmail/hotmail ect) to @laurens … maybe he can see under what mailadress the account / gateway is registered.

or your company contact the gateway seller and ask for advise howto factory reset the gateway.
there are here on the forum some topics about this
after resetting register again.

Thanks, I will do that. I have tried factory reset by pressing reset 21 times as suggested. Nothing changes, someone told me if it has usbkey password this wont work, it will reset to previous settings (with password)

I will send email right now!

@BoRRoZ One last thing, because its online, does it mean it is registered on someones TTN console? Or not necessarily?

well… somebody who registered the gateway @ TTN , has acces to it on their TTN console (so they have to be a registered user at least )

whoop whoop, i fot ssh access to it! I used another router and got its IP. Good times, thanks anyways

and you suddenly found its ssh password ? hmmmmm … :thinking:

It is actually not registered on TTN:
{"code":404,"error":"Gateway with ID eui-0000024b080e0176 does not exist"}

From this it seems like your gateway is talking to TTN, but not registered under a user, which is fine. It’s seen as an anonymous gateway.

• how can you register a gateway without a TTN user account
  • what happends if you have a user account AND a registered gateway and your account is deleted for whatever reason, is the gateway still working but… with no owner ?
  • is there a possibility that a stolen gateways ‘reenters’ the network … a gateway has his own ‘fingerprint’ ?