List of gateways within range of coordinates V3 (Packetbroker)

Sorry for creating a new post, but I dont know how to open an already closed post (if possible)
Referring to closed post : 49458 “List of gateways within range of coordinates V3”

I marked an answer as solution, but I acted to fast. When I use the packetbroker API with the coordinates around my gateway, which is a V3 gateway connected to The Things Stack Cloud server (not community edition), I’m not able to find my V3 gateway. Only the info for when my gateway was a V2 gateway, which of course is offline since it’s v3 now.
Is packetbroker not ready for V3 yet? Am I missing something? I crossed all options to show gateway as public. WHere do I start to have my V3 gateway shown.
PS: It’s online, but I also cant find it on the map on frontpage of the Thing Network website.

The key words in @htdvisser message are

the future API will

So this is not ready yet. That is why you are not getting the results you are looking for.

I kinda guessed that. But are these things not able without the packetbroker, with the things API or something like that?
I really like to find out what version the gateway around my gateway are at. The few I find are v2 and offline. But I think they are online but upgrade to v3 already.
They don’t show on any map, nor can I find them with any api info.

Are there other possible ways to find out?

If you use a ttnmapper.org node registered through phone or a gps tracker registered directly as an integration in V3 then go war driving any V3 gw’s In range will start to appear on the ttnmapper.org map over a day or two as data collated and presented if that helps… lots now starting to appear if you take a look. Like you am desperate to see GW’s on ttn official map but guess we just have to be patient for now ! :frowning:

For your gateway to be listed on the map, you need to check some boxes to make the location public and the status public (go to the Console, then Gateways, select your gateway, then General Settings).

If you’re on The Things Stack Cloud (not Comunity Edition) you may also want to check your Packet Broker settings in the Console.

I think that’s all, but maybe I’m also missing something, @johan?

– edit: yes, I’m missing something; see @johan’s reply below.

This is indeed still work in progress, but you should already be able to use it.

Sure, you can use the Gateway API of The Things Stack to get a list of your gateways, including location, but that API doesn’t support filtering by location at the moment (maybe it will in the future), and it does not (and probably will not) include online status.

When using The Things Stack Cloud, the gateway visibility in Packet Broker must also be configured. This is by default configured to not show any gateway information publicly.

We are adding support for configuring this from The Things Stack Console too, just like routing policies.

For now, if you want your private gateways to be shown publicly, please DM me with your tenant ID and what information you want to make public (location, antenna count, contact info, online status, TX/RX rates, frequency plan).

I think I have set the Packetbroker settings fully public and open. See attachment.
Also the gateway settings are set to public. But the gateway still doesn’t show up on the map on the frontpage of TheThingsNetwork.org.

Gateway is v3, not using the community server, but the free cloud version.
pb

The map on the front page of TheThingsNetwork.org currently only shows gateways connected to The Things Network (V2) or The Things Stack Community Edition (V3). It does not (yet) show gateways that can be used through Packet Broker.

1 Like

Both of my gateways (eu-de-cologne-east, eu-de-kerpen-01) are connected to TTS CE, online and forwarding LoRaWAN-signals to TTN. None of them is shown is this map. Using TTNmapper the gateways are shown as a blue “3”.
PS:Status and location is set to “public”.

So best way to get most out of the project atm is sticking to community Edition V3 I guess.

I dont see any extra’s in moving to a Cloud version yet.

Cloud versions enable you to buy support. And SLA. For commercial projects something to consider.

And, if you have paying clients, probably keep you out of harms way if there is any downtime on CE or you get yourself in to a pickle and need some serious assistance.

Harms way = lawyers.

It may not be your fault, but “due diligence” is definitely a thing.

It indeed looks like the location is missing for these two; I think that will get fixed with the next update to the data source for that map.

If the goal of your project is to show off your gateways on the homepage of TheThingsNetwork.org, then indeed you should connect them to The Things Stack Community Edition for the time being.

In the future we want to show all gateways (also from The Things Stack Cloud tenants, as well as private Enterprise and Open Source deployments) that enable forwarding to The Things Stack Community Edition. But it sounds like you don’t want to wait for that.

As the previous 2 comments already said, support and SLA are important reasons for people to choose a Cloud subscription over using Community Edition. If you’re just playing around and learning, then Community Edition is perfect. If you think your project might get serious in the future, then you should probably consider a Cloud subscription.

1 Like

I’m trying to find out what coverage there Is where I live. Previously I checked the ttnv2 map for this, but all gateway’s seems to be offline for around 10km. But they are not. So I think they upgraded to v3, or cloud, or…

Just want a way to find out where nearest online, forwarding gateway’s are.

Get a node, code the GPS payload so it’s just enough to know where you are (ie, subtract the big numbers down in to something that covers 5km by 5km), set it to DR2, setup an integration, cycle in concentric rings from your centre point, come home, process data, upload to Google Maps, profit.

1 Like

@wolfp @solidminds please see New API for gateway mapping, status and info. Your gateways should show up there.

@solidminds let me know if your want your gateways of your TTSC tenant to be shown on the map. We don’t have Console support for this yet. One of the benefits of TTSC is that you can control routing policies and gateway visibilities on Packet Broker.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.