LoraWan network for home use

Is BEEP using TTN V3 already? They might not have migrated from V2 yet. You probably need to ask them.

Hi

I am actually see device update data every minute,which I setup interval on BEEP app.

and from BEEP app show Loraconnected., it look PCB is communicate with TTN V3.

Not sure where is missing

and when I try to backward to TTN v2, there are some information I need to configure on PCB, but not there are some item missing in BEEP app, such Device ID.

therefore I assume it is under TTN v3.

Simon

Hello,

Thks again for your answers. I have been reading here and there, thinking on my projetc etc…
I am not decided yet, I guess I need to think further.
The learning of the system interests me a lot but I am still unsure of my ability to do it.
Thks to you, I discovered Cayenne portal as well MQTT, maybe it can help to achieve more easily what I need.
I will keep you posted, especially if I activate a new gateway :slight_smile:

Which is not available in the v3 integrations and there is no visibility on when or if it will be - and the v2 console won’t be operational by the end of this year.

Thks for the warning descartes!!

I have the same problem / request and want to buy or build any cat trakker that is small, the trackers available are too big for small cat. I received an email in this forum with an offer to sign up to prepay the development for a cat tracker ; but the sender never replied to my email.

I can build simple electronics or develop professional software, here it is mainly open flat land with some houses here and there, we got a 10 meter tall building to install gateways/antennas.

For a cat owner it is not funny if the pet disappears for hours, it is nerve wrecking.

I am willing to cooperate on any project to build one. Just write me an email

Try this:

Excelent ! , I will ask them for more info, need a really small battery and probably custom made enclosure.

The antenna might be an issue with size , so will ask too about options. For the cats roaming around I guess the range is not a problem, perhaps 100 - 300 meters around the house.

This shop has many other interesting gadgets for other projects.

Thank you very much indeed

Hello MKlein,
Your project looks interesting!!

For the range, I would go for a couple of kilometres…
Indeed, the cats are covering long distances when they explore around the house…
Maybe you could take advantage of the necklace to extend the antenna…

Hi Everyone,

I am back on the TTN forum.

I have made no progress on my project, as I have been busy with other stuff.
I have abandoned the tags idea for the cat of for the keys… (Apple’s Airtags are here now…).

But I still have my gate issue. I need to monitor the status (open or closed).
I have explored Zigbee & EnOcean solutions, as I have both Zigbee & EnOcean UBS keys on my Jeedom box.
The issue is that door sensors are usually in-door use only. The only one external door sensor I have (EnOcean) does not work on iron gates (it kills the magnet signal).

So the only solution left I think is the Lora sensor, at least for the range.
I still need to validate if the iron of the gate will not cause the same issue as for the EnOcean sensors.

I envisage to buy a Mikrotik gateway, which seems to be compatible with TTN.
I need to identify the right door sensor. I have identified this one from Dragino https://www.dragino.com/downloads/downloads/LoRa_End_Node/LDS03A/LDS03A_LoRaWAN_Door_Sensor_UserManual_v1.0.pdf
Has anyone some experience with door sensors in external use?
Thks
V

You need a proximity switch.

Hi Peter,
Any model to recommend? I did not came accross such thing in my Lora sensor exploration…

Either a Reed switch or magnetic switch, I have used the Milesight 300-MCU (hope I recall the model correctly), 3 of them and all 3 worked seamlessly.

I find it, thank you!
here

Will it work if placed on a full iron gate?

Same magnetic switch they use for windows in household alarm systems

Ok, thks!
I looked a bit for shopping the product, difficult to find it available…

Just get a stronger magnet, and especially put some care into installing it so that the magnet and the sensor are close together when the gate is closed.

Thks for the tip csloraxbox!!
I will try.

Look at the magnetic switches they use for garage doors, the magnet is a bit bigger and the cables are a bit more protected, to withstand cars driving over them.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Have you some merchant websites to advise to buy the Lora equipment?
I am located in Europe and so far, I have not seen many option for consumers…
I am targeting a Milesight MCU300 or the Dragino LDS03A or the Netvox R718F.

Thks
Valyno