Manila, Philippines

Multiple people from all over the city are gearing up to connect Manila, Philippines to TTN! Here you guys can meet and coordinate. Enjoy!

Hi,

I would like to meet hardware enthusiasts in the Philippines and discuss how we can setup a TTN in the country, or in our own regions. I hope we could build a team to explore the benefits of TTN.

Let’s do this!

1 Like

I see the last post was Nov 2015. I wonder if there is already a group of people now actively pushing for this TTN in the Philippines? Please count me in!

You can get in touch with the members here :smile:

Good job to those who started to build the TTN for the Philippines. It was a vision that started since I started this thread on the TTN forum.

Hello, interested in your project in Manila.
What is the frequency band in Philippines we can use?
Thanks

Hello, interested in your project in Manila.
What is the frequency band in Philippines we can use?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi Xavier! It’s 902-928 MHz.
http://ntc.gov.ph/wp-content/forum/uploads/2016/nrfat/PHILIPPINE%20NRFAT%202016%20Rev.%201.pdf

Hi Edwin,

Can you confirm that 902 to 928 Mhz can be used? I’m based in Cebu and i’m interested to know how this project has progressed.

The PDF referenced is a general allocation table for frequencies. I didn’t see any clear assignment for LoRa on the document. Trying to get some frequencies assigned but in parallel, I am trying to get some licensed frequencies assigned to us for public use (have some friends in telcos). Eyeing frequencies as close to 868Mhz so we can easily get devices.

Btw, I just started a slack.com group for our use. ttn-philippines.slack.com. check it out :slight_smile:

Hi,

Guys!

Hey… :). Sorry, I just noticed this section :P. Welcome to TTN Manila!

Does anyone know how to License A Lorawan Gateway in The Philippines. Any links with information?

Hi, I am working on several projects using LoRa communication.
I would like to learn more about LoRaWan / TheThingsNetwork and how to use the gateways here in Manila. Is there a regular meeting of the Philippines community?

Hi,

you can check / contact one of the communities or start your own

phill

Hi! Do you know where to buy the things uno and gateway here in the Philippines?

I joined the Manila community, but there seems to be no activity.

Sad.

Screenshot_2021-03-18 Frequency Plans by Country

Could anyone please explain this? I’m new here and would like to implement Meshtastic network here in Manila. Anyone interested on implementing the same? You may reach me through 09358026661.

A colleague of mine (Filipino) pulled the frequency regulations and neither EU868 nor EU433 are license free.
But the same paper states that the AS923 is free. And I heard rumors that someone big is starting his network on AS923 soon here in the Philippines.

Thank you for your info. I’ll look into AS923 to see if I can use it on my projects…and how. Hehe