Migration of TTIGs to The Things Stack CE (v3)

eui-58a0cbfffe80299e is the name in the still fine running v2 console ! yes ---- so i tried the movement with 58a0cbfffe80299e and also with 58A0CBFFFE80299E — thanks for your help @KrishnaIyerEaswaran2 – i can provide WLAN-Passwort via direkt-message if needed - also proof of ownershop with original invoice and/or picture of device for sure.

1 Like

@KrishnaIyerEaswaran2, if you do this before TTI has a formal procedure setup you will end up with all the randomly dysfunctional TTIG claims in your inbox.

We haven’t even got as far as having a full set of instructions in one place with all the gotcha’s documented.

Yeah indeed I don’t need more TTIG queries in my inbox. Any issues will be resolved in the open unless we really need some sensitive information from you.

To that end, as packet forwarder is working in both directions, I strongly recommend a hiatus whilst TTI figure out how to handle the people that don’t have a working claim code or, as pointed out in moderators chat, can’t access it for whatever reason - took the TTIG out of a case and it’s at the top of a long pole or similar.

Anyone who has a remote TTIG that can be photographed should be encouraged to get that photograph taken.

@jensileinchen: Where did you purchase your gateway? This EUI is not in our list.

its from german reseller www.iot-shop.de powered by alpha-omega technology located in 37308 Schimberg

Have just posted my experience wrt using Console (vs CLI) claiming of TTIG here:

Summary - it worked :slight_smile:

I have two TTIGs, I migrated them using the console/webpage. Migration went without any problem.

However, sometimes, when I click “General Settings”, I get an " An unknown error occurred" error message. When refreshing the page in the browser, the General Settings re-appear, but now the field “LoRa Basics Station LNS Authentication Key” is empty and I’m a bit afraid of making any other changes, fearing that I might accidentally clear this key when saving.

Hmm. Could you maybe create an issue GitHub - TheThingsNetwork/lorawan-stack: The Things Stack, an Open Source LoRaWAN Network Server with some screenshots?

You can always cross check with the CLI

tti-lw-cli gateways get <gateway-id> --lbs_lns_secret

I’ve deleted both borked and actual working entries enough to know the ONLY downside to deleting is you can’t re-use the ID (which is fully OK by me).

So you may just want to remove & retry.

Those who bought their gateways from iot-shop.de, this is already documented so please check that; The Things Indoor Gateway | The Things Stack for LoRaWAN

I have claimed gateway and looks ok but still it shows disconeted . Do you have to remove it from the v2 network? or do something else . I have not found clear instruction for this process Help!

Cycle the power or wait 24 hours.

ok will do thanks

Please check the documentation
https://www.thethingsindustries.com/docs/gateways/thethingsindoorgateway/#connecting-the-things-indoor-gateway

Thank you All working and your guide is good now I have found it , Simon

Hi all,
I have 2 TTIGs bought from IoT-Shop. I checked the documentation, realized that it’s not yet possible to claim/migrate to V3 - okay. Both TTIGs are set up in V2 and have the status connected.
The documentation says packets will be forwarded by the packet forwarder, so sensors in V3 can send data over the gateway registered in V2, right?

Is there any setup for the packet forwarder necessary? I guess I am struggling with understanding how the packet forwarder works.

Thanks in advance, Kolja

No

It looks at the packets and forwards the ones that don’t match v2 or if the DevAddr is a v3 one.

**EDIT: Assumed / mis-read the OP was referring to the Packet Broker …

That is software on a gateway and in case of TTIG there is nothing for you to setup after you connect the gateway to an accesspoint.

If you mean Packet Broker, that is a service managed (and setup) by TTI. Nothing you need to do.

Thanks a lot for the answers. I guess I messed up my sensor configuration then.

But I am a little confused because I have a working pair of TTIG Gateway (purchased before → claiming in V3 was successful) and ERS Elsys Sensor.
Gateway and Sensor are running in V3 => Great!

With the same pair of TTIG Gateway (purchased last month from IoT-Shop → claiming does not work :frowning: ) and ERS Elsys Sensor in a different location, I was not able to make it work yet.
The Gateways status is “connected” in V2.
ERS Elsys Sensor is in status “Last seen info unavailable” in V3. → So, my sensor configuration has to be the point of failure. I will retry the setup.

If it doesn’t work, I will get back to you. Thanks for the help!