Mikrotik Gateway - Offline - not reconnecting

Glad it helped :wink:

Another Rule of thumb: Always check for newest Firmware when starting a new project. Or at least read release notes:

What’s new in 6.45.7 (2019-Oct-24 08:44):
MAJOR CHANGES IN v6.45.7:

!) lora - added support for LoRaWAN low-power wide-area network technology for MIPSBE, MMIPS and ARM;

This was very first release with lora support. Since then where 9 releases, many of them with lora improvements. We all know the first questions when calling support !! :wink:

Many of us own a “Open Gateway” aka TTN Kickstarter Gateway. But for some reasons nobody burnt it’s fingers for improving some of the well known issues. Not even “simple tasks” like deactivating wifi when not used where implemented… And as far as i know for TTIG it is about the same?

Sources for TTIG are not available so fixing bugs is impossible.

When it comes to fixing bugs in the Kickstarter software, have you tried compiling from source? It is nothing like an easy build of a packet forwarder for a Linux host, it is serious embedded programming using a complex framework not many will be familiar with.

Then it’s worse :wink: But does not make a difference at the end.

have you tried compiling from source

I know my limits.
I partly agree with the easyness under Linux, i use your forwarder in a Multitech Conduit.
There are way too many linux-based appliances out there with catastrophic misconfigurations and security flaws in superfluous packages. In many cases there is only a shift of interests…