New Gateway RAK7268 - no traffic

Hello,

I’m a verry newby in LoRaWan stuff. I started my experiences two weeks ago with my first Gateway, a RAK7268. I configured the Gateway to connect it to TTS. I can receive live data an I can see, that the connection is fine.

But in TTS I can not find any traffic from any nodes. - Maybe this is a stupid beginner question, but what do I have to do, to see the received traffic of the gateway in TTS?
Or what kind of settings do I have to adjust, to receive traffic in Germany.

So far I don’t own any personal nodes for testing, because I’ve just started with LoRa and TTS.

So thanks for your help and your advices!

Greetings - Daniel

Maybe there are no nodes around you. I would recommend to buy a cheap node and make the first experiments.
Depending on where you are in DE, there are also local communities that can help you.
And - there is much to read and to understand! Take your time, install the gateway and nodes and have fun!

2 Likes

HI,

Did you check the TTN gateway console if there is any data coming in? And if the gateway is correctly added in TTN?

See my 7268 gateway in the screenshot. There must be live data coming in

If the gateway is not connect (status BLUE) in TTN, you first have to solve that problem over there

Marc

Hi,
If not, I cloud help remotely to add it into TTN (i have 21 RAK gateways ;-))
Marc

Hi,
and thanks a lot for your advices an your help.

@wolfp Yes, the next step will be to start with own sensors and devices. On your profile information I could see that you are member of some german communities. Could you recommend a lora-community near to Bonn? (My long-term goal is to build an own little lora-weatherstation. Community experience would shurely help me on this way. :wink: )

@MarcVanBracht
Yes, i have blue status in TTN and I receive Live-Data
grafik

But I guess, like you see in the screenshot, it is allways the same content. I exept, that if the gateway would receive data from a device (like a temperature sensor), there must be another payload and content. - Is the right?

Thanks for your help - and best regards - Daniel

Yes, but it really is as simple as getting an known good device - like a Dragino door sensor which is about €25 and setting it up.

Because if there are no devices in range of your gateway, you will not get any traffic.

I recommend the Slack-channel #rhein-sieg,

or TTN-community Bonn
https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/community/bonn/
or Rhein-Sieg
https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/community/rhein-sieg/
or the iot-usergroup:
https://forum.iot-usergroup.de/c/ttn-koeln/85

or just here. We try to answer all your questions and help you to get TTN up and running. But try to help yourself too. There are many questions already answered, use the search-engine for this forum.

Hi,

as @descartes already answered you have no devices that is sending data via your gateway and therefore you see only the metrics of the gateway itself.

As you live in Germany I recommend www.iot-shop.de . I buy there often and they have al kind of easy sensors.

The Dragino LHT65 or Milesight EM300 are both easy to start with and both are in the TTN device repository and therefore easy to add into TTN

Marc