Options for an AMR for our water meter

We have a gateway and temp sensor setup and reporting to Zabbix. We (a school) recently had a burst water pipe that wasn’t discovered for 3 days, this resulted in a £6000 extra water bill (insurance won’t cover it).

I’ve been asked to look into an AMR, but i’m not sure on what is around to interface with our meter reading and wondered if anything could offer any advice.

20220722_115609

Look at the device repository, lots to choose from, happy hunting.

I would choose a inline meter and then just plumb it in after the existing meter, but that will be my choice.

Thanks for the response,

I was after one that could interface with the meter, not an inline one as this is mains water.

I am sure there are in the list that can, you just have to hunt in the list.

Does that meter have a pulse output?

With the pulse meters you have to use a pressure meter as well.

That’s an Elster metering meter I suspect dn 30mm or so.
The white cable that you see is to a pulse contact (the black part that’s inserted into the meter housing.)

If the white cable is connected to something that will be a AMR device. Could be out of use or an older system for reading them out at the outside wall.

contact is a reed switch with a 100 Ohm resistor in series.

1 Like

@nathant1985, the reed switch info opens up all sorts of possibilities - where abouts are you and do the billing dept of your water company want to own up to having some remote pulses which could have picked this up well before the bill hit four figures?