Plymouth Community

We’d love to get a few more members to join our Plymouth community. We’ve got two gateways up and running and are planning some small events in the area.

3 Likes

plymouth

Hi, I’ve asked to join and wanting to setup a new gateway. I have been talking to one of the other members directly by email but if anyone else can help that would be great.

May I ask the Plymouth network status? I have a device I’d like to add and want to ask about coverage in the area.

Typically there are 5-8 GW’s operational in the area at any time - believe 7 right now, several ODU’s but a number are indoors so more limited range. Have you joined the local community? Reach out to the intiator/core members and ask… I know several are/were asssociated with Plymouth Uni. as for coverage you might look at TTN Mapper. TTN Coverage Several of the datapoints around the A38 and Saltash areas west of the Tamar bridge and over the bridge are mine from trips down mapping the area in summer 2021 & 2022 and East out around A38 and Plympton, Plymouth Road and The Parkway aswell. Back in late 2020/early 2021 plan was for a Solar powered RAK ODU around the Hills near Drakelands Mine, Hemerdon, Sparkwell/Dartmoor Zoo area - local ground height + scafold mount meant would have had great area coverage east of the city :man_shrugging: but ‘Covid’ & that project got dropped and I never deployed :frowning: Since then I see someone has been busy ‘mapping’ coverage south of the A38 to the east of the Tamar…down the A386 and into the center of the city skirting around Central Park area… Take a look at the coverage and see if your area included :slight_smile:

If in doubt GW’s arent expensive - grab one and add to the Community coverage :+1:

Thanks Jeff! Great of you to respond so promptly. I used to live in Plymouth and now the area very well.
I’m interested in the marinas and Sound and I’m hoping a further gateway can be added around here. I’ll see if I can contact the uni group as well.