Pro mini / RFM95w examples for different sensors

I think the design looks great. And to make something clear; I don’t mind that much if different families of wiring exist, but if almost every node was wired differently life would get difficult. We’re also considering a merging engine that would merge basic code, sensor specific code and keys to a complete sketch. It’s a small thing to also add a section for the pin mapping in such a design.

So i’d say go for it :slight_smile:

btw we ported the dustduino air quality measuring setup to run on such a node. I’ll post the code in a few days. Those who are interested may already want to order a PPD42NS

right, pin mapping. From the LMIC based node code in my repository( github.com/dlarue ):

// Pin mapping
const lmic_pinmap lmic_pins = {
.nss = 10,
.rxtx = 0, //LMIC_UNUSED_PIN,
.rst = 0,
.dio = {4, 5, 7},
};

2 Likes

Finally we got our first “possible cheapest node” running on battery, thanks for the tutorial:

3 Likes

Hi Tijn,

Great work on those sensor examples. Is it possible to make a demo for the ds18b20 temperature sensor? I tried to work it out but somewhere it failed.

Thanks in advance.

groet,

Waldemar

I think I’ve got an example somewhere… If I remember correct it wasn’t very clean but it did work so I’ll have a look somewhere the next few days. It is important not to use pin 10 as a signal pin for that sensor since it’s kind of reserved. We got stuck for a week or so because of that.

… and the dustduino example. https://github.com/tijnonlijn/RFM-node/blob/master/dustduino_PPD42NS_example.ino

As kind of Christmas present I’d also like to show you a sneak preview of something that will make this topic obsolete in the near future. We’ve been working on a generator that will allow to generate the node software without any coding. Special credits to @jdelaet who did the development and will show the details of his work in the near future by writing a Labs story.

Screenshot of the prototype

stay tuned :wink:

3 Likes

This is it, as-is. Just give it a try i’d say: https://github.com/tijnonlijn/RFM-node/blob/master/scratch_temperature_300_lowpowersec.ino

2 Likes

Thanks, this one is working perfectly!

nice work @douglarue

3 Likes

Any update with the sketch generator? Thanks for the wonderful job!

The prototype works like a charm, but its father @jdelaet prefers to add a connection to the console prior to releasing it. Jan, do you may have any updates on releasing a beta version?

@jpmeijers @htdvisser @johan I think it’s a great tool but as far as I heard things get stuck a bit at connecting to the console… are you guys willing to give jan some assistance on this?

anybody using arduino pro mini + rfm95 + dht22 ?

Regards

I do. Works great, check out : https://github.com/ph2lb/TTNDHT22Beacon

2 Likes

I am happy to share the as-is beta version: Arduino sketch generator.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Arduino sketch generator

Can I somehow download the PCB files (or the complete .zip)? I am able to etch PCBs by myself and would make this great design by myself. Any hints? I contacted douglarue, but no response yet.

1 Like

I’m afraid I don’t. @galagaking1 do you happen to have it?

The only link is the ‘order’ at DirtyPCB. There is some kickback I guess for sharing this design. Sorry about that.

Once I figure out to to package all the needed parts, I will upload it to my github repo. As for DirtyPCB kickbacks, yes they have the option but there are $0.00 kickbacks added to the board I’ve posted.

3 Likes